[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 We can predict when the Servers are going to Open! 
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:20 am
Data [Conditional]

I don't think figuring out the schedule would *necessarily* be a bad thing. We could, for example, organize people who haven't gotten to unlock a server yet that way they can have a chance... theoretically... of course what would probably also happen is that a bunch of magazines and such would also show up and try to nab unlocks just so they can publish their receipt of the gift pack in an issue and try to sell more copies. Or something.

A random schedule credits the faithful in a situation like this, and I'm willing to bet with the skeptics that even if there IS a system, a lot of research was done into keeping us from guessing what it is until the last possible moment. However, as with many others, I would LOOOOOVE to get one of the unlocks, and if a system is figured out, I call dual-wielded-Brute-shotguns on one of the final server keys.
:D

Hey, I got screwed out of ILB because I didn't live anywhere remotely near any of the phones at the time- It's my turn.
*insert whining like an 8-year-old*

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:42 am
Moderator [Designated]

Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:46 pm
Moderator [Designated]

I beg to differ. 719Hz.wav was found in Server 2, and it (allegedly) was the key to Server 3.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:16 pm
Profile WWW

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:33 pm
Data [Authenticated]

hey ii, here's just an idea i thought of, since oyu've done a few revisions on the fly- why not edit the first post with the most up to date info?

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:11 pm

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:25 pm
Data [Authenticated]

otnemem, I'm pretty sure, though I haven't checked the flash code in detail, that all that's required is mic volume reaching a certain level to unlock a certain number of times (4 or 5 I'm guessing) for the link to open. I glanced over the code briefly, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there that actually compares mic input with the waveform of I R I and S... It would be much easier however to simply check the volume, and whenever input reaches X dB, click to the next stage... playing 719hz may have the volume over that level long enough for each stage to 'click', spelling I R I S would do the same, as would making any noise into the mic, which many have done - even, as some have reported, clicking 'play' a few times (when it reaches a certain frame, awaiting confirmation to move on, clicking 'play' effectively does the same thing and moves to the next stage).

I'm 99% certain the flash doesn't compare the mic input waveform to match with I R I S for the link. That's far too complex a system for flash to handle... occam's razor - mic input > XdB, move to next frame, for n frames before opening server link.
I'll have to take a more detailed look through the flash code now though.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:12 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, that could be. I just went back to it and went "I, I, I, I, I" and it opened, then went "O, O, O, O, O" and it opened, then did "E", then "Ohh", then "Ahh". Pops open every time. Kinda makes me feel stupid that I couldn't open it the first time! :oops:

Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:29 am
Data [Conditional]

In response to the guy who pondered the D20 roll for a server unlock...

So..what happens if they crit and back it up? :)

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next