[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 We can predict when the Servers are going to Open! 
Data [Undefined]

Unread post Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!
Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot, more so than posting because I wanted to read up on everything, but this is by far the most solid theory yet. Although according to this we'll have to wait some time, it's worth it if this turns out correct.

The only thing I missed was when you said 'Memberships are at the start of the lunar month'

What hidden PDF file are you referring to?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:05 pm
Facilitator [Conditional]

Attachments:
H3ARG_SOTA_membership.pdf [53.45 KiB]
Downloaded 159 times
Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:21 pm
Data [Authenticated]

"membership REVIEWS USUALLY happen on the first day of the new lunar cycle."
that doesnt say anything about accepting applications, :|

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:28 pm

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:43 pm
Data [Authenticated]

we shall see in a couple days (I hope you're right though)

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:45 pm
Data [Undefined]

Okay...
I've been lurking for awhile catching up on all of this, and I think I might be able to contribute now.
With all due respect to OP for coming up with the moon phase correlation, I think he has made a slight error.

The Glyph represents not one, but TWO lunar cycles. If we think of the Glyph as a clock, 12 and 6 o'clock are New Moons, while 9 and 3 o'clock are Full Moons.

This means that the Starimage Glyphs fit thusly:

Starimage 1 (with the "moon hand" at about 10:30) shows a Waxing Crescent, i.e. 1/4 to 1/2 of the way between a new moon and a full moon. This was the phase of the moon on 6/20, when Starimage 1 was revealed.
Starimage 2 (with the "moon hand" at about 7:30) shows a Waning Gibbous, i.e. 1/2 to 1/4 of the way between a full moon and a new mmon. This was the phase of the moon on 7/10, when Starimage 2 was revealed.

Additionally, the Glyph that appeared on the actual server 2 shows the "moon hand" at about 2:30, which would correspond to the second lunar cycle during a waning gibbous.

Keep in mind that the 1st Glyph we received, from Server 5, a "New Moon Glyph", appeared on 6/14 and Halo 3 will be released on 9/25. That's TWO lunar cycles apart. So, it stands to reason that our "clock" i.e. the Glyphs, would cover the entire time period between the start of the game and the release of Halo 3.

Based on all of this, here are my date predictions for posterity:

Server 3 will open on 7/20 and will reveal a starimage with a glyph with the "moon hand" at about 4:30
Server 4 will open on 8/8 and will reveal a starimage with a glyph with the "moon hand" at about 1:30
Server 5 will open on 8/13 and will reveal a starimage with a glyph with the "moon hand" at high noon

Just my 2 cents.

edited because I'm dumb and was off by ten days on the release date. oopsy.

Last edited by GnubiX on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:26 pm
Data [Authenticated]

except that it comes out on 9/25

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:27 pm
Data [Authenticated]

:o
you really did think hard on that, now go check out the spetrograph and look the the branches that some speculate to be the lunar phases and give us your thoughts on that

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:29 pm

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:33 pm
Data [Authenticated]

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next