We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

I posted this in another thread that kinda died out. What with the opening of Server 02, though, there is more concrete evidence that this is the way we can predict when the Servers are going to open, therefore new thread!
The glyphs that we have been seeing are a Lunar map. The large circle is the circumference of the Earth and the little circle on the outside represents the Moon. If we line all of ARG's events up to a Lunar Calendar, accompanied with the Earth's rotation and position of the moon, we can see this:
Lunar Calendar, Glyphs, Events
Lunar Calendar, Glyphs, Events
MoonCalendar_Glyphs_Events_All5 copy.jpg (520.36 KiB) Viewed 28193 times
Consider the "spokes" of the wheel numbered 1 thru 5, starting with 12 o'clock and going clockwise.
If we assume that the servers are going to be opening in rotation order (NOT NAME ORDER), and that the rotation of the spoke on the glyph ON the server keeps the same pattern, the third server should open when the moon is lined up with the third spoke (though it may not be called "Server 03"). Remember: The first server to open was called "Server 05" (for a while). I don't believe that this is a "typo" as some put it, what with the other 1/5 swap on the FCC slide.

The glyph on its side, under the vent was pointing at the first spoke, 12 o'clock. The glyph on StarImage1 pointed to the 5th spoke. For Server 02, the glyph on the side was at the second spoke, while the glyph on StarImage2 was at the 4th spoke. As if one is counting up, the other is counting down.

Going on this theory/evidence:
**The third server should open between August 1-3.
**The fourth server should open between August 22-24.
**The fifth server should open between Sept. 10-12.

There are a LOT of other tie-ins to this, as you can probably see. Look at major events in the ARG and they will mostly match up with a glyph spoke/lunar phase.

So, by this same logic, AdjutantReflex's avatar could be the same thing: the moon being the inner, smaller circle INSIDE or on top of the Earth. Reminds me of a certain ARK we have all been talking about.

So, please post ideas, tie-ins, events and dates that will sync up with spokes and the Moon and whatnot. ARG ON!

~O

*** UPDATE ***
--7/31/2007--

HERE is the newest calendar, with a few added little fun things.

Basically, it is the same as before -- when the Moon is lined up in relation to the Earth (the Sun being at 12 o'clock) with one of the 5 spokes of the Glyph, big things happen. The main difference is the server unlocking pattern. Now, instead of being when the Moon is lined up with the position of the Glyph on the actual server, it is just a solid 3/5ths of a Lunar Calendar, when the Moon lines up with the 3rd next spoke. So, ARG begins on a New Moon (First spoke, 12 o'clock), first server opens on next lunar alignment (what I am calling the 5th spoke, because I am numbering clockwise), three spokes later the second server opens, three spokes later the third server opens.

So, if the pattern continues, the next server will open when the Moon is lined up again with the first spoke, which is a New Moon and occurs on August 12th (give or take a day for Time Zone, because we don't know what TZ this is being gaged by); the fifth server will open on August 31st, when the Moon is at the third spoke.
Last edited by ii otnemem ii on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cryptk5
Data [Conditional]

Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Unread post by Cryptk5 »

great post!!!!
YagerX
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by YagerX »

good job very nice !!!
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Wow ur on a roll!!! you get the code needed to get to the site to get keys, now this!!! GREAT JOB!
ii otnemem ii

Then there is the possibility that they don't open in rotational order... but still in keeping that all will be open before Halo 3 comes out.

**The third server could open on August 1-3 or Aug. 30-Sept. 1
**The fourth server could open on July 24-25 or Aug. 21-23
**The fifth server could open on July 20-21, Aug. 18-19 or Sept. 16-17.

Except that one thing bugs me: the first server, called Server 05, pointed at the first spoke (when the Moon is all black), but opened when the moon was at the fifth spoke. If the servers keep jumbling up the numbers, it will be harder to tell when the servers will open, though not much harder, as long as they open when the spoke is at one of the 5 positions... minus the two already open.
ii otnemem ii

Unr3alChi3f wrote:Wow ur on a roll!!! you get the code needed to get to the site to get keys, now this!!! GREAT JOB!
I was supposed to leave work 2 hours ago, but all this shite started hitting the fan[e]! Now I can't go home!
MasterChief2829
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MasterChief2829 »

Wow, awesome job man!
KGabMI
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by KGabMI »

This does make sense.. since if you go ahead and look at the last moon phase that you havent touched (the Full Moon) you will see that a full moon occurs right next to teh release date, September 25th.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

This is great, great work. I imagine the puppet masters are both laughing and swearing that someone caught on so fast. There's no way they could have imagined someone would work all this out so early.

So now we know what. Next question is why. I can think of two ideas right off the bat:

1. This is all some sort of automated process. Think of the monolith in 2001. Mankind makes it to the moon, uncovers the monolith, the monolith shoots a signal into space. In this ARG, something has happened to set off a similar process, one the Forerunner set up millennia ago. Contact with the Flood? Anyway, it operates on a lunar calendar like clockwork. The Forerunner rightly assumed that the lunar calendar would stay pretty much consistent for many thousands of years.

2. Our Moon is of some importance. I picture some vast spaceship coming out of that hole in Africa and heading to the Moon. Maybe that's where the Ark is? The activation process for Halo involves retrieving something from one location and bringing it to another. Perhaps something similar is necessary for... whatever it is we're watching in that Halo 3 announcement video. The Forerunner artifact unfolding is part of a larger process.
ii otnemem ii

Maimbot 9000 wrote:This is great, great work. I imagine the puppet masters are both laughing and swearing that someone caught on so fast. There's no way they could have imagined someone would work all this out so early.
Heh... I am just playing connect the dots, man! We've only got 2!
Maimbot 9000 wrote: So now we know what. Next question is why. I can think of two ideas right off the bat:

1. This is all some sort of automated process. Think of the monolith in 2001. Mankind makes it to the moon, uncovers the monolith, the monolith shoots a signal into space. In this ARG, something has happened to set off a similar process, one the Forerunner set up millennia ago. Contact with the Flood? Anyway, it operates on a lunar calendar like clockwork. The Forerunner rightly assumed that the lunar calendar would stay pretty much consistent for many thousands of years.

2. Our Moon is of some importance. I picture some vast spaceship coming out of that hole in Africa and heading to the Moon. Maybe that's where the Ark is? The activation process for Halo involves retrieving something from one location and bringing it to another. Perhaps something similar is necessary for... whatever it is we're watching in that Halo 3 announcement video. The Forerunner artifact unfolding is part of a larger process.
Woah, that's a little more speckalatin' than I want to do, especially in the Discussion forum. I want to see some more events that tie in to the lunar calendar and the 5 spokes. Dig through the timeline!