We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Unread post by Frogwart »

EnderZ wrote:I thought of this a while ago and today just confirmed my theory(kind of).
Here is how I figured out today (rather tomorrow, it was tomorrow somewhere today). If you follow this you can see I was fairly close, off by a few hours. maybe this is wrong, but my predicting scheme has so far been accurate to three days. Some may argue that IRIS didn't start on the 21st of june, but I believe it did because that was the day they said there was going to be something happening. So that is how I got my theory. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions let me know.

Formula:
Add the numbers of the day: 21 = 2 + 1 = 3
Add the result to 16: 16 + 3 = 19
From there count the number of days: 19.
Arrive at July 10. Day server 2 opens:

Repeat Process

July 10: 10 = 1 + 0 = 1: 16 + 1 = 17
Count number of days: 17.
Arrive at July 27. Day Server 3 might open

Repeat Process

July 27: 27 = 2 + 7 = 9: 16 + 9 = 25
Count number of days: 25
Arrive at August 21: Day Server 4 might open

Repeat Process

August 21: 21 = 2 + 1 = 3: 16 + 3 = 19
Count number of days: 19
Arrive at September 9: Day Server 5 might Open

16 is an important number since every 16 days, a system is lost.
Sixteen days after September 9, is September 25: HALO 3 is released.

If we repeat the process above from September 9 here is what we get:
September 9: 9 = 0 + 9 = 9: 16 + 9 = 25.
Since H3 is released on September 25, 16 days after September 9, there are only 9 days remaining until…
Looking at servers two and three, your theory appears to be on the mark. Let's see if August 21st keeps in line with it...
Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

Nice topic, but you missed something. The servers historically opened 6 days before the first projected dates of your theory.

This happened with server 2's opening, and again with server 3.

Your theory is sound so far, but adjust your projections 6 days toward the previous month.

August 1st to July 26th, etc.

The theory jives with the theory you have, but server 2 and 3 opened 6 days before your projections.

I noticed this with the fake open for server 2 and server 2's opening as well. The process repeated again with server three.

Adjust the first date of your projected ranges to be 6 days sooner....and we should be bang on for the open of servers 4 and 5.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Rubicant2112 wrote:Nice topic, but you missed something. The servers historically opened 6 days before the first projected dates of your theory.

This happened with server 2's opening, and again with server 3.

Your theory is sound so far, but adjust your projections 6 days toward the previous month.

August 1st to July 26th, etc.

The theory jives with the theory you have, but server 2 and 3 opened 6 days before your projections.

I noticed this with the fake open for server 2 and server 2's opening as well. The process repeated again with server three.

Adjust the first date of your projected ranges to be 6 days sooner....and we should be bang on for the open of servers 4 and 5.
Which theory are you addressing? The original Lunar Phase theory, or this new 16 Theory?
Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

Your original theory. It works great.

The only problem is that anyone who doesnt check the servers regularly and uses it will miss them every time.

Historically, your predictions have been accurate, but the servers have consistently opened 6 - 6.5 days prior to your expectations. I fully expect that server 04 will open on or about august 15th-16th using the revised method.

The server that opened yesterday opened roughly 6 days ahead of your timeline. Server 2 opened 6 days short of a full lunar cycle. The theory is sound, it just needs a little "tweak" :)

Assuming a lunar cycle is 27.5 days...most round it to 28, these servers opened 21 days apart. 6 -6.5 days short of a cycle.
I'm of the opinion that your theory is sound...and that with my tweak, we can expect the next server to open on August 15 or 16th.
ii otnemem ii

According to my original theory, the second server opened exactly on time. The Moon's orbit was directly in-line with the 2nd spoke on the glyph, which is what I was predicting. I tried calculating it mathematically using averages, but there is enough change and differences of opinion that there are really 5 different Lunar months, each slightly different in length. I was going strictly off of lunar orbit in relation to Earth, when the Sun is at 12 o'clock.

I still believe the lunar phases have something to do with it... after all, yesterday was a perfect line up of the 4th spoke. But, like you said, there's got to be some kind of tweak to make that will make it all juicy. Keep thinking on it, I will too. May have something to do with the StarImages possibly pointing to the next opening and we just need to interpret it correctly.

EDIT: Oh, and between July 10th (server 2) and July 26th (server 3) is not quite 21 days... In the B.net forums another guy said it was 20 days... what calendar are you guys using?
ii otnemem ii

Sorry for the dbl post, but this needs it's own! I think I got it, and I think it IS the moon, but not the same as what I was thinking before.

So, Server 1 opened when the Moon was lined up with the 5th spoke (where StarImage1) "points". The next Server opened when the moon had gone 3/5ths the way around CCW, and lined up with the glyph that is on Server 2. The 3rd server opened when the moon had gone another 3/5ths the way around the Earth and lined up with the 4th spoke (the glyph on StarImage2). Following that pattern, another 3/5ths lunar cycle would be a New Moon which is on August 12th, when the Moon is at the position of the glyph on Server 1.

After that, it would line up with Server 3s glyph, which happens on/around August 30th.

That doesn't answer why they'd use 3/5ths a lunar cycle though... why not make it line up? It was so pretty... anyway... any takers? I'll try not to let you down this time. :lol:
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

except that it's pretty clear, without measured detailed angles, through all the glyphs that the two lower spokes make a 90 degree angle, and the others angles are less than 90. And, not all the spokes directly intersect with what we'd consider the center of the glyph (the central dot/circle). So the spokes' angles aren't all 1/5 of 360 degrees, and they don't even necessarily intersect in the middle of the glyph.

It's really hard to figure out precisely what to do with the glyph because of this.

Also, the unlocking days (give or take, which is another issue) are
June 21 (+19 days..)
July 10 (+17 days..)
July 27
ii otnemem ii

That's why the math doesn't work out, because the moon isn't consistent with position and lunar days and such. It speeds up through certain parts of its orbit. Also, I don't think that the "center" of the glyph is in the "middle" of the circle. Because of the thickness of the lines, things don't quite line up right. You're right that it makes it really tricky to guage. Hence, numbers aren't going to work, no math can really calculate it, it just needs to be strictly lunar position in relation to Earth.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

and by approximation at best. The only consistency I've noticed among all the glyphs in relation to the spokes is the 90 degree bottom, which lends to the idea that the glyph was just a design thing, and the spoke positions just 'look' optimal... they don't actually intersect with pentagon points. Because of that uncertainty, I think it's 50-50 that it could have to do with anything really :P heh
we still don't have a clear idea of what the glyph represents except that it's 'counting' with the arc opening, and is semi-indicative of lunar positions
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but... well, ok, to be sarcastic: What if the people in charge are just getting together every few weeks to open the servers one at a time and then rolling a D20 to decide when the next one opens?[/sarcasm]

:? :shock: :o *ducks* :P

EDIT: Just had another thought: What if there is no schedule for the unlocking of the servers?
I know, that wouldn't necessarily make sense, but if we've found specific information in the first two servers that caused the next ones to unlock, wouldn't that mean that the hints are all out there somewhere and that there really is no locked opening time on them by the powers that created them?
If someone had found the latest key activation sequence before Bungie or MS were ready, would they just make the hint unuseable? Or would they be more hands off, leaving everything out to be found and hoping everyone finds the correct info in time (i.e., before 9/25)?
Again, just thoughts to ponder...