We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Heh, yeah, sorry about that. Got on a roll with mah fancy imaginatin'.
monctezuma
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by monctezuma »

Great job ii otnemem ii, I'm glad we have you on our side at ABO ! :D
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

nice one man - thing is

we could have opened server 2 yesterday or even in a week depending on how long we took with the cypher - but i guess this is a good chart of when the servers go live!
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WhatPfhor »

What about the glyph on the gamestore ad? It has no outer circle and no inner circle. Perhaps on Halo's realease date (after all the server openings) the ark fires (sets sail?) and the earth (and moon, too?) are no longer there.

<side note> maybe AR's confused and is mixing Halo 3's release date with the firing of the Halos?
ii otnemem ii

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

WhatPfhor wrote:What about the glyph on the gamestore ad? It has no outer circle and no inner circle. Perhaps on Halo's realease date (after all the server openings) the ark fires (sets sail?) and the earth (and moon, too?) are no longer there.

<side note> maybe AR's confused and is mixing Halo 3's release date with the firing of the Halos?
The Glyph on the gamestore ad is the same as AR's, which is kind of the "symbol" of this campaign, just like MS's Hex168 campaign had a symbol.
It is why I said this:
me wrote:So, by this same logic, AdjutantReflex's avatar could be the same thing: the moon being the inner, smaller circle INSIDE or on top of the Earth. Reminds me of a certain ARK we have all been talking about.
I think AR has something to do with the Ark (monitor? security? diagnostic AI?), what with him being in connection with the entire Halo array. But this thread is about the moon's cycle and it's correlation with the ARG at hand.
ii otnemem ii

Sorry for the double-post, but we can tie SOTA in too. The hidden PDF says:
*Membership reviews usually happen on the first day of the new lunar cycle.
This could be on/around:
  • July 13-15
    August 12-13
    Sept 10-12
So, around those dates, start sending emails to DoYouGrok@societyoftheancients.com, Subject=Membership Application and we'll start see some results (hopefully).
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Excellent, memento fella. I think this definitely gained a BUNCH of credence after finding the 719hz image.
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

[stunned silence]

That worked out a heck of a lot better than my efforts to sync the glyphs up to the moon cycles starting with *a full moon*. Makes sense and seems very sensible in the context of AR being a system-boot-cycle.

Good work, ii otnemem ii, really good work. Damn.
Lichtonatus

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

My brain seems to have stoped working (maybe its cos i keep having to move the image around.

Could someone please explain this idea. I get that it has to do with the moon's orbit correlating to the position of the arm on the Chrysopteron. But what exactly?

And also, why is server 01 both at the beginning and the end of the timeline?

It's showing important days in the ARG as determined by the moon cycle. So far, it's been right for both servers. I think "Server 1" is there twice just to show where the glyph was found.
ii otnemem ii

First, a public apology for my somewhat aggressive defense of my theory last night on the B.net forums. Foman, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get so up-in-arms. Hugs?

Onward and upward -- I want to augment the theory a little bit, since the recent server opening. On Halo3.com, the Servers were renamed from "Server #1, #2", etc. to "Episode #1, #2", etc. This could be on purpose, could be that someone messed up originally... I personally think that it was planned that way, so that they didn't give it all away at the very VERY beginning and let people figure things out. Anyway, it fits with the goings-on to better match the Lunar cycle.

So, if AdjutantReflex was considered "Episode #1", his actual active beginning was the day when he announced (what I would deem as) "The Beginning" of the ARG with "The first seeds are scattered" and the email with the poem on it. (everything before that was like a "get ready, get set..." and the email was the "GO!" and gunshot) This date is also when he actually took upon himself his personal Glyph Avatar. That date was June 14/15, which is a New Moon, and according to the chart, the moon's position is at 12 o'clock, the first spoke = the First Episode.

The Second Episode started on July 10th, when the moon's position in relation to Earth corresponded to the 2nd spoke, between the Last Quarter and Crescent of the lunar cycle.

So, regardless of what server opens, the commencement of the Third Episode will be when the moon lines up with the 3rd spoke, which will be on/around August 1st - 2nd. Mark your calendars! (*Interesting how, starting from June 14th and rotating with the glyph's spokes clockwise, while the moon rotates counter-clockwise, the spokes and moon line up only 5 times, before the launch of Halo 3, very evenly spaced and every time that they have thus far has been a major ARG event.)

In addition, other dates you may want to be sure to glue yourself to the forums/IRC/Google are days where the moon lines up with any spoke of the glyph. Next one is on/around Sat., July 14th (new moon).