We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

I did some photo-chopping and updated the original post (it is posted below, too). Basically, the pattern I see now is that there is a 3/5ths lunar calendar (when compared to the glyph) between server openings. So, if it holds up, we are looking at August 12th and 31st for Servers 4 and 5, respectively (give or take a day).

*** UPDATE ***
7/31/2007

HERE is the newest calendar, with a few added little fun things.

Basically, it is the same as before -- when the Moon is lined up in relation to the Earth (the Sun being at 12 o'clock) with one of the 5 spokes of the Glyph, big things happen. The main difference is the server unlocking pattern. Now, instead of being when the Moon is lined up with the position of the Glyph on the actual server, it is just a solid 3/5ths of a Lunar Calendar, when the Moon lines up with the 3rd next spoke. So, ARG begins on a New Moon (First spoke, 12 o'clock), first server opens on next lunar alignment (what I am calling the 5th spoke, because I am numbering clockwise), three spokes later the second server opens, three spokes later the third server opens.

So, if the pattern continues, the next server will open when the Moon is lined up again with the first spoke, which is a New Moon and occurs on August 12th (give or take a day for Time Zone, because we don't know what TZ this is being gaged by); the fifth server will open on August 31st, when the Moon is at the third spoke.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

So are these new dates with the week-early (according to the first chart), release of Servor 3?
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

I like the update otnemem... I won't hold to it yet, of course, since it's still theory, and timing theories can (and have) always been adjusted if shown inaccurate, though getting more complex - assuming there is even a rhyme or reason to the server openings... but it still works.

I was thinking along the lines of the glyph being a rotating clock, like one of the scenes from the server 2 log video, where the rings are perhaps rotating, but we're only seeing the 'clicks' at the spokes. Your theory works with that too. I was contemplating making an animation showing the rotation with dates and significant events, but I don't have the time :P

I like your diagram though. What still gets me are the seemingly mirror images of the glyph in the starimage to server glyph... That's what got me on the mindset of a rotating timer... I initially considered that maybe it's not the outer ring that's moving, but the inner ring(s). But then given the (mis)alignment of the spokes to what we might consider the central 'dot', rotating wasn't working too well; unless the spokes rotate too.

Anyhow, lots of ideas, from simple to complex, but ultimately we want to have an explanation and try to make them fit our observations, but we don't even know that there is an explanation :P fun stuff
Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

<Churchhill>Excellent, armed with new information, we sally forth into the fray!</churchhill>

Hope to see you guys once I get my unlocking gifts. :) (In the event that I can ever figure out the unlock sequence and can get around the kiddies who camp h3.com)

I really hate being slow at the unlocks...but I gotta say, I'm kinda having fun at this.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Rubicant2112 wrote:<Churchhill>Excellent, armed with new information, we sally forth into the fray!</churchhill>

Hope to see you guys once I get my unlocking gifts. :) (In the event that I can ever figure out the unlock sequence and can get around the kiddies who camp h3.com)

I really hate being slow at the unlocks...but I gotta say, I'm kinda having fun at this.
I camp here instead of Halo3.com. Won't the site just say Pending? You need to go to the special URL to get your email signed up for the reward, right? Please correct me if i'm wrong to prevent mishaps.
Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Menelven »

You are quite obviously speculating on when the servers open, so I'm moving it to Speculation.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Just to save people time from digging through all the pages, can we confirm that the 12th is the *projected* date for Servor 4?
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

So, um. Server 4 opened August 9. Now what?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

I feel shafted....

yeah, this theory needs to be revised.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

It was again one spoke back from my prediction! With Server 3, I predict Spoke 3 and it opens on Spoke 4, with Server 4 I predict Spoke 1 and it opens on Spoke 2. What gives?!? It's like someone's effin' with me!