We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: We can predict when the Servers are going to Open!

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Frogwart wrote: EDIT: Just had another thought: What if there is no schedule for the unlocking of the servers?
I know, that wouldn't necessarily make sense, but if we've found specific information in the first two servers that caused the next ones to unlock, wouldn't that mean that the hints are all out there somewhere and that there really is no locked opening time on them by the powers that created them?
If someone had found the latest key activation sequence before Bungie or MS were ready, would they just make the hint unuseable? Or would they be more hands off, leaving everything out to be found and hoping everyone finds the correct info in time (i.e., before 9/25)?
Again, just thoughts to ponder...
What information are you talking about in the bolded text above? Nothing from Server 1 helped us unlock Server 2, and nothing from Server 2 helped us unlock Server 3. I figured out the key to opening The Device for Server 3, and it is NOT playing the 719hz wav file. You spell IRIS, slowly and clearly. I did it 3 times in a row.
Also, The Device didn't exist on Halo3.com until the keys became activated. They updated Halo3.com, uploading all the files at the same time... they can't risk someone stumbling on to something like that... the FCC, yes we stumbled onto it, and we were supposed to, but that wasn't as huge as a Bounce Path Control page.
Like you said, though, it wouldn't make sense if there were no schedule... it may not be one that we can predict using any of the cluse available to us, but there is most definitely a schedule. One word proves that: Microsoft.
gspawn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by gspawn »

I don't think figuring out the schedule would *necessarily* be a bad thing. We could, for example, organize people who haven't gotten to unlock a server yet that way they can have a chance... theoretically... of course what would probably also happen is that a bunch of magazines and such would also show up and try to nab unlocks just so they can publish their receipt of the gift pack in an issue and try to sell more copies. Or something.

A random schedule credits the faithful in a situation like this, and I'm willing to bet with the skeptics that even if there IS a system, a lot of research was done into keeping us from guessing what it is until the last possible moment. However, as with many others, I would LOOOOOVE to get one of the unlocks, and if a system is figured out, I call dual-wielded-Brute-shotguns on one of the final server keys.
:D

Hey, I got screwed out of ILB because I didn't live anywhere remotely near any of the phones at the time- It's my turn.
*insert whining like an 8-year-old*
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
Frogwart wrote: EDIT: Just had another thought: What if there is no schedule for the unlocking of the servers?
I know, that wouldn't necessarily make sense, but if we've found specific information in the first two servers that caused the next ones to unlock, wouldn't that mean that the hints are all out there somewhere and that there really is no locked opening time on them by the powers that created them?
If someone had found the latest key activation sequence before Bungie or MS were ready, would they just make the hint unuseable? Or would they be more hands off, leaving everything out to be found and hoping everyone finds the correct info in time (i.e., before 9/25)?
Again, just thoughts to ponder...
What information are you talking about in the bolded text above? Nothing from Server 1 helped us unlock Server 2, and nothing from Server 2 helped us unlock Server 3. I figured out the key to opening The Device for Server 3, and it is NOT playing the 719hz wav file. You spell IRIS, slowly and clearly. I did it 3 times in a row.
Also, The Device didn't exist on Halo3.com until the keys became activated. They updated Halo3.com, uploading all the files at the same time... they can't risk someone stumbling on to something like that... the FCC, yes we stumbled onto it, and we were supposed to, but that wasn't as huge as a Bounce Path Control page.
Like you said, though, it wouldn't make sense if there were no schedule... it may not be one that we can predict using any of the cluse available to us, but there is most definitely a schedule. One word proves that: Microsoft.
Remember, FCC was the title of the image in Server 01. There WAS a direct connection between the two. For server 02 to 03, there wasn't
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

I beg to differ. 719Hz.wav was found in Server 2, and it (allegedly) was the key to Server 3.
ii otnemem ii

@DHalo: Oh, yeah, FCC, forgot about that. Good call.
Ibeechu wrote:I beg to differ. 719Hz.wav was found in Server 2, and it (allegedly) was the key to Server 3.
Unlocking Server 3 had nothing to do with 719hz.wav... I figured out how to open it consistently - go check out my post here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=914&start=100
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

hey ii, here's just an idea i thought of, since oyu've done a few revisions on the fly- why not edit the first post with the most up to date info?
ii otnemem ii

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:hey ii, here's just an idea i thought of, since oyu've done a few revisions on the fly- why not edit the first post with the most up to date info?
...meh. Alright. But I'll hafta Photochop a little.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

otnemem, I'm pretty sure, though I haven't checked the flash code in detail, that all that's required is mic volume reaching a certain level to unlock a certain number of times (4 or 5 I'm guessing) for the link to open. I glanced over the code briefly, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there that actually compares mic input with the waveform of I R I and S... It would be much easier however to simply check the volume, and whenever input reaches X dB, click to the next stage... playing 719hz may have the volume over that level long enough for each stage to 'click', spelling I R I S would do the same, as would making any noise into the mic, which many have done - even, as some have reported, clicking 'play' a few times (when it reaches a certain frame, awaiting confirmation to move on, clicking 'play' effectively does the same thing and moves to the next stage).

I'm 99% certain the flash doesn't compare the mic input waveform to match with I R I S for the link. That's far too complex a system for flash to handle... occam's razor - mic input > XdB, move to next frame, for n frames before opening server link.
I'll have to take a more detailed look through the flash code now though.
ii otnemem ii

Yeah, that could be. I just went back to it and went "I, I, I, I, I" and it opened, then went "O, O, O, O, O" and it opened, then did "E", then "Ohh", then "Ahh". Pops open every time. Kinda makes me feel stupid that I couldn't open it the first time! :oops:
Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

In response to the guy who pondered the D20 roll for a server unlock...

So..what happens if they crit and back it up? :)