My Take on the Forerunner Email *Finished for the mo*

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

Re: My Take on the Forerunner Email *Finished for the mo*

Unread post by Captain Milk »

LoneRanger 2.5 wrote:I believe we have proof that they can, in fact, interlace with technology. The Flood-infested Pelican in "High Charity" wasn't being piloted by a warrior, after all.
No warrior? What about a little spore, with long this tentacles, piloting. We did not see it, but no one said there was nothing piloted at all.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Who is to say that anti-intrusion measures were not incorporated into the monitors', sentinals', and Halos' systems? The forerunner obviously understood how the Flood operated, and there was no way to prevent them from infecting biological lifeforms, but maybe there was a way to prevent them from taking over the Halo systems. Gravemind needed PT to be able to use the teleportation systems, no?
Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

Sir Topham Hat wrote:Who is to say that anti-intrusion measures were not incorporated into the monitors', sentinals', and Halos' systems? The forerunner obviously understood how the Flood operated, and there was no way to prevent them from infecting biological lifeforms, but maybe there was a way to prevent them from taking over the Halo systems. Gravemind needed PT to be able to use the teleportation systems, no?
Then that is fine. It keeps Adjutant ruled out and my thesis is allowed to continue.
It is not possible though that such Human constructs new of the past mentioned in the email as they were not around for the previous halo's to be fired or the events that did transverse. That means it still must be the forerunner. Remember, this is all keeping with my thesis, please feel free to contribute your own counter thesis with alternative interpretations to the stated lines of the poem :). The More the Merrier
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

The popcorn kernels lack the natural intelligence to correctly pilot any vehicle, much less a 26th Century helicopter. All we see is a big, bubbling mass of Flood juice.
Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

LoneRanger 2.5 wrote:The popcorn kernels lack the natural intelligence to correctly pilot any vehicle, much less a 26th Century helicopter. All we see is a big, bubbling mass of Flood juice.
We only know of the popcorn kernel, whose to say there isnt a sub species. The flood is a very intelligent race, this is proven in teh graphic novel and their constant fight for survival. We know very little of them and their intelligence and capabilities of technological endeavors. But one of which i am certain of is that they cant attack halo sub systems and take control of them.
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

I agree that we don't know about all the cards hidden up the Flood's sleeves, but I think one of those cards could very easily be the one that interfaces with technology.

Holy crap! I just noticed a new layer in the Halo story.

The Flood are in a continual fight for their very survival as a race, and yet they are destined to fall just short of their ultimate revenge. Why? Because of technology. Once they gain the ability to overcome technology, they gain the ability to completely destory us.

I think that the Forerunners realized this, which led them to build in innumerable technological barricades in order to try and contain the Flood.

Ow! My head hurts a little.
Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

Ha, brain wave. :D

Yeh, i see where you come from with this one. Such a primitive species in their natural instincts yet to be let down by the only natural thing, their lack of understanding of technology. But still, they cant understand halo's technological infrustructure. But we dont know enough about the flood and their technological advancements since their "re-awakening". I think this my friend, is a whole new avenue to explore.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Here's something to chew on. We know the Flood operate on a hive intelligence, using the knowledge of every individual host and spreading that knowledge to each other, who's to say that the ONLY forerunner absorbed, with all his knowledge, was the one that formed Gravemind? That Gravemind then controls all the other lower forms. That's why the flood can operate human and covenant tech but not so much the forerunners?
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

Array integrity questionable. i found this on halo3.com by selecting all and pasting into word, can someone please try the same with a email if they have one
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

On which page did you do this, sniper?