Interferon connection

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Interferon connection

Unread post by thebruce »

(originally posted at unfiction)

In deciding to explore the various numbers and codes we've received in various materials (similar to googling "Flood Containment Control" led to the organization with an 800 number, similar to the EPA document found by googling "402 K 07 002") - I decided to explore the number 16180. Looking at it as a date: 16-1-80 (since afaik British treat their dates as DD-MM-YYYY), I began looking for things occurring on that date.

I checked for 'flood' connections, and while a few hits showed up for water-based events on that date, one page stood out like a beacon:
http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id95.htm

Scroll to Wednesday January 16, 1980, and you'll find this:
Boston scientists claim they can program bacteria to produce interferon, an important part of the body's defense against infection.....
Immediately I jumped on the interferon subject and opened a floodgate (pun intended) of information.

Confirmed with this: http://www.kipnotes.com/Drugs.htm
January 16, 1980 -Scientists in Boston produce interferon, a natural virus-fighting substance through genetic engineering.
Digging deeper researching Interferon, here are a few informational pages:
- http://www.faqs.org/health/topics/87/Interferon.html
- http://www.bookrags.com/research/interferon-woi/ (this is a great page to read about interferons)

And another interesting paragraph from this page:
In 1980, Weissmann, then at the University of Zurich, cloned Hu-IFN-a complementary DNA (cDNA) in E. coli, and found that the bacteria synthesized interferon-alpha with a demonstrable anti-viral effect in human cells. Weissmann also showed that the different proteins purified by Pestka were encoded by a large family of related interferon-alpha genes. Just a few months later, Goeddel, then at Genentech, published results from experiments he had conducted with Pestka in which Hu-IFN-a_genes were sequenced to guide the construction of synthetic Hu-IFN-a cDNA. When this precisely bioengineered cDNA was cloned in E. coli, the bacteria produced as much human interferon-alpha per liter as could be made from the white blood cells of 100 donors. Moreover, the protein created in these experiments was potent enough to protect monkeys from otherwise deadly viral infections.
:shock: possibly just coincidental, but it is poetic, no?

And looking back over Slide_Ref070107.jpg, with the reference to an Infectious Study, I'm thinking there's to this than meets the eye...
*ducks and runs*

So here's the gist, my theory:
* 16180 refers to January 16, 1980
* On Jan.16/1980, Charles Weissmann announced that he'd successfully genetically engineered Interferon from bacteria, a substance that defends against viral infections.
Bookrags.com wrote:...interferon was produced within hours of a viral invasion (antibodies take several days to form), and that most living things, including plants, can make the protective protein. Interferon was seen as the cell's first line of defense against viral infections, and its discovery was expected to pave the way for successful treatment of viral diseases.
* The connection to the two men discussing the flood and 402K booklet I haven't yet figured out. But there are unbelievable parallels.

Yes, the jump from 16180 to Interferon data is a big leap, but it's quite coincidental. Keeping an eye on further connections...
And yes, all that stuff actually happened in 1980, so I'm thinking either SOTA/FCC is using that research and unknowingly creating a vaccine against the Flood. Interferons, in some fashion...
:cool:
Orpheus
Data [Conditional]

Re: Interferon connection

Unread post by Orpheus »

wow very coincidental AND purely coincidental, my dad's a doctor so I looked up Interferon in one of his medical textbooks, and I found several entries for Interferon

a scan from page 775 of AHFS 97 Drug Information
sorry that it's at an angle, the book is rather huge
click the link for larger image
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

I don't know if that will lead anywhere, Bruce, but that's a very nicely done investigation.

At this point, it's the oddities and coincidences that are keeping people active in this ARG, so keep looking and posting these types of findings, no matter how hairbrained you might think they are.

And no need to duck! ;)
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

yup, agreed. I'm a mod at unfiction; just encouraging discussion here too ;)