Forerunner Weapons on Halo

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Forerunner Weapons on Halo

Unread post by failedparachute »

I believe it was stationed over Threshold, but I cannot confirm that at this point in time, as I'm at work. Interesting dialogue, I don't even recall hearing it, I'll have to play through when I get home. Also, if that was Threshold they were over would that make the first Halo encountered Alpha Halo? Come to think of it 343 GS said he was monitor of intstallation 04, and 2401 PT was monitor of installation 05. Why is 05 Delta? What does that make the first installation? Was the Alpha, Beta, Delta, etc. nomenclature used by the monitors as well or by ONI (I vaguely remember something to the latter on the HSP, I think). Also, another thought, in the cutscene where you see Delta Halo for the first time, is it likewise orbiting a gas giant, and if so does that mean that all of the Halos orbit gas giants? Would it be possible that one is orbiting in our solar system, possibly hiding in the rings of Saturn or Jupiter or another planet, or perhaps hiding in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter?
Webshift
Site Admin

Unread post by Webshift »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:I always assumed the idea was that, if the Flood ever got out of control on that research facility, the Forerunner would break the tether like the Arbiter did, and let it fall into the gas giant. That would hopefully wipe out just about anything alive on the station.

In fact, yep, here's the relevant transcript from HBO:
343 GUILTY SPARK:

This mining facility predates Installation Alpha by several hundred years. It was retrofitted to research possible offensive and defensive measures against the Flood. Indeed, I designed and oversaw the construction of this facility's various outbreak management systems.

343 GUILTY SPARK:

(There are two other lines if you wait around long enough: something about the cable being the installation's fail-safe and being glad someone had the foresight to cut it, and another about the Flood perishing in the planet's liquid nitrogen core.)
Thank you for finding this I looked and couldn't find it.
Thing is after Guilty Spark says this, if you wait a few minutes longer the Heretic leader starts asking about why they didn't find any weapons. I think I need to go back and play that part again and record the audio. Or at least write it down.
XF-063
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by XF-063 »

What failedparachute said about there being another instalation near a gas giant in our solar system seems to coincide with the use of Saturn in the video from server 1. If this were correct, this would mean that there would be a high risk of flood infestation on Earth. If im correct, in Halo 2, GS343 says that the refinary station suspended over the gas giant was converted into a testing facility for the flood.

I really don't know, but it might be something to take a look at.