mrbananas's Last Universal Theory

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Originally posted on Bungie.net, and also posted at HBO, this theory is beautifally constructed and extremely practical. So why am I posting it here? Since the ABO forums opened up and since the ARG has continued at its somewhat steady pace, many theories and questions have popped up within this forum regarding whether or not the humans are Forerunner, or who built what and where and why, and so on. mrbananas's theory attempts to answer all of these questions and more, and I believe it would be an excellent read for anyone interested in HALO story history heading back to HALO: CE, the novels, HALO 2, the graphic novel, interviews from the Halo Story Page with Bungie staff members, and speculation based off of things stated within all of these materials. Please note, though, that this theory was posted in February and does not include events from this ARG.

Before you click, here's a general idea of what you're in for:

mrbananas’s Last Universal Theory

Table of Contents:
-Introduction
-How halo works
-The loop hole to halo
-The Reseeding process
-The Flood
-Humanity as the Forerunner
-How Forerunner became Humanity
-How the covenant came to be
-Truth and the civil war
-Counter counter-points to Humanity as the Forerunner
-Additions from Halo Graphic Novel
-*SPOILERS* Ghost of Onyx
-mrbananas’s final remarks

This theory also ends up being 25 pages long in Microsoft Word. There is a lot of reading, but it's all worth it. For those interested in reading and posting in this topic, I have but one request:

Please read the entire theory before posting what you believe to be errors, problems with theories, contradictions, inconsistencies, or additions to mrbananas's theories.

I've made this request because most all of the above mentioned in bold is covered somewhere within the theory, as stated at the beginning of the theory itself. Thanks, and enjoy!

Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Re: mrbananas's Last Universal Theory

Unread post by Van Helsing »

I sat and read it all,

What i have to say is - wow. A LOT of that makes sense, even the things that contradict or slightly disprove seem equally probable in their own right.

Although some spelling and punctuation errors made reading and understanding fully a tiny bit hard at times, it was a very enjoyable and insightful read.

I think this should definitely be considered in future speculations,
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

Since it was written earlier though, he did not have the comic. The comic seems to be extremely strong evidence that humans are not the forerunners.
smallfry
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by smallfry »

Pak wrote:Since it was written earlier though, he did not have the comic. The comic seems to be extremely strong evidence that humans are not the forerunners.
Actually, I disagree. Part of Mr. Banana's theory is that something went wrong with the transmission of knowledge to the newly-reestablished humans, so the representation of N'Gala watching Ark activity from the outside kind of fits.

Which isn't to say Mr. B's theory is definitive (though it is attractive), just that the comic doesn't contradict it.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

My biggest problem is the way he points out Gravemind's "I? I am a monument to all your sins." Everyone takes that as though he's responding to Master Chief, therefore making him Forerunner. In the cutscene, it wasn't Master Chief, but Cortana who asked, "What, is that?" And then he has a problem with Cortana at the end, too. Could it be that he has a problem with AI in general? He's already sucked up 2401 Penitent Tangent. He doesn't enjoy Penitent Tangent's calls for Containment. Maybe he groups AIs into the same area, or maybe there's something bigger that we don't quite yet know about what Forerunner intelligence has done to him or the Flood.
Kiloh Ekim
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kiloh Ekim »

My biggest problem is the way he points out Gravemind's "I? I am a monument to all your sins." Everyone takes that as though he's responding to Master Chief, therefore making him Forerunner. In the cutscene, it wasn't Master Chief, but Cortana who asked, "What, is that?" And then he has a problem with Cortana at the end, too. Could it be that he has a problem with AI in general? He's already sucked up 2401 Penitent Tangent. He doesn't enjoy Penitent Tangent's calls for Containment. Maybe he groups AIs into the same area, or maybe there's something bigger that we don't quite yet know about what Forerunner intelligence has done to him or the Flood.
I had a significant problem with this quote as well, so I threw together my own theory (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=576), which I put together after reading Mr. Banana's theory. The main twist on mine was that I use it in a reference to the Biblical Flood. I put some major thought into this and everything from the universe seems to fit easily into it.
Rainstorm1031
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Rainstorm1031 »

Does anyone have an edited MS word doc of this?

EDIT: Nevermind.
Last edited by Rainstorm1031 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XF-063
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by XF-063 »

Absolutely agreed with everything. Hope it really isn't your last imput into the storyline speculation. Good job.