Alternate Prediction Theory - Mark II

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Alternate Prediction Theory - Mark II

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Ok, With Server 4 opening, I have another idea about the differences, this time a bit more complex.

Servor 1- Servor 2 : 20 Days Period

Servor 2- Servor 3 : 16 Days Period

Servor 3- Servor 4: 14 Days Period

Servor 4- Servor 5: 13 Days (Projected - 22nd)

Look at the difference of days between the first 3 periods in between servers 1, 2, 3 and 4. Its 4 (20 - 16), then 2 (16 -14). Our first guess was a constant difference of 4 between periods from the 20 to 16, but were proved wring by Server 4 opening the 9th.

After the change of 4 from 1-2 and 2-3, it became 2 in the 2-3 and 3-4. It divided by 2. So, logically, 2 divided by 2 is 1, making a period of 13 days in between 3-4 and 4-5, creating a projection of Server 5 opening the 22nd. Now, you may says Bungie wouldn't make it this simple, but look at the changes I described. 4, 2, 1 -----They add up to 7.

Now, ii otnemem ii said that the opening was 1 spoke off from what he had predicted, right? So, let's calculate if the 22nd lands on a spoke.
kudo43
Data [Conditional]

Re: Alternate Prediction Theory - Mark II

Unread post by kudo43 »

I think it does... Logically it makes sense...
gspawn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by gspawn »

Looking at simple math still doesn't give us much, at least nothing in stone. Some possibilities:
4-2=2, 2-2=0, for an interval of 14 days.
sqrt(4)=2, sqrt(2) = 1.2...(bla), for an interval expiring mid-day on the 14th day instead of midnight
4/2=2, 2/2=1, for an interval of 13 days.
Or even that it could be an alternating sequence so it'll wind up going 4-2-4.

I do like the idea of 4,2,1 since it does add up to 7. But it's by no means the only possible conclusion, it's just the neatest.
Ah, and we can't forget Pythagoras... taking the hypoteneuse to be 4 and a side to be 2, 4^2-2^2=16-4=12, making the final side sqrt(12).
Or the sides could be 2 and 4, making 2^2+4^2=20= the final being sqrt(20).

Sometimes I hate math... heh.
I do hope it's just 4-2-1.
Last edited by gspawn on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Still, it leads to 13 to 14 days, and I life the dividing by 2 since I doubt that they would just subtract. I guess we'll have to be vigilant both of those days.
Crunchman
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Crunchman »

Does this come back to "Site of Champions"??? We've sort debunked it as Iris related, but it did give off the impression that something was going to occur on the 22nd. Has this been considered? Not likely related?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Nope, never considered the Site of Champions...wierd coincidence though.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote: Now, ii otnemem ii said that the opening was 1 spoke off from what he had predicted, right? So, let's calculate if the 22nd lands on a spoke.
It doesn't quite... the next "spoke alignment days" we are looking at are August 18th, 24th and 31st (+/- a day). Here are the calendars I have been using, just looking at the shapes of the moon on the given day. If you want numbers to back up the lunar day, go here.
I would love if there were a pattern to all the server openings... that is what I was trying to find. I am confident that it is the Lunar cycles, but anything else I have yet to find a workable pattern. I got blindsided by the 3rd server, but found another pattern... then with this 4th server, everything kinda fell apart (except for maybe this theory, but I don't think it will hold up).