Order of the Mass

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ObliviousHarmony
Data [Undefined]

Order of the Mass

Unread post by ObliviousHarmony »

The following is a theory on the Pre Halo timeline. As in, what led up to these events?

Long ago the Forerunners were the ultimate power in the universe.
They were at the peak of all technology and nobody could stand up to them.

For the longest time they wished to know all they could so they researched all species in an attempt to know it all.
One of those was The Flood, a parasitic monstrosity that was very rare it never seen.

The Forerunners; being ignorant to the killers they had released, began to breed and study them. After a while they became increasingly violent and Forerunners began to disappear. Finally, they realized the error in what they had done and tried to destroy The Flood.

They brought massive armies in an attempt to stop The Flood, only resulting in a massive increase. The Flood were able to expand and leave the halos, using the Foreunners as a way out.

The parasites were able to adapt to all odds, and use everything against them. For a long time the Forerunners killed millions of flood with very successful response. After a while though, each and every resort became fruitless. Finally, the Forerunners knew they had to do something about it.

A Council of the most intelligent Species came together in an attempt to band together to stop The Flood. They tried for years to stop them, only resulting in more and more evolutions of The Flood.

Finally, a last resort was put into play. They decided to use the Halos as weapons, and destroy all Sentient Life. They decided that two of each Species of Sentient Life forms would be placed on a Shield World, a world where the Rings would not harm them. Male and Female of course. With this plan set in motion, all were given the foremost in anti-flood weaponary.

Then, a flagship able to control all the Halos was created. The Ark, a massive machine able to control all the rings was created. As The Flood placed their final strike against The Ark the rings were charged.

After what seemed an eternity of waiting, the halos were fired, leaving only death. Without food The Flood went dormant, leaving nothing behind.

The council had created a code, to keep the Flood from ever living again. The code forced all the Survivors to abandon advanced technology. As willing all of them complied, to prevent any problems. In a final piece they created robots that would assist in the activation, thus if anyone came the ring could be activated, keeping the plan secure.

Over time the Forerunners became tired of the small planet and yearned for space again. They decided that it was time to reenter space and began to rebuild. As those on earth began to adapt and change a new form of evolution had spawn. From years on the planet a more primitive and harsh form had come. Ignorant to all technology and beyond. When the Ark came to the earth, the Forerunners wanted to use it to leave. Thanks to a special system integrated into it, they were killed. Leaving a vast wasteland where the city once stood, The Ark and the city fell into the ocean.

As a last act, the Forerunners created AR to prevent Humans from going into space. But due to a malfunction in another unknown AI, this was stopped, allowing Humans to venture into space.

There, the violent Covenant had wanted to take all that they though was theirs in space. So a long war ensued with them.

Sadly, The Covenant had found something that was supposed to be lost. They awakened something that was never meant to be seen again. Once again, The Flood were taken from their resting grounds and took root.

Now we are here, at the beginning of Halo 3, Faced with Covi AND Flood.

Explanation and Ideas:

The Following will go over and explain using many legit resources.

"THIS IS MY FINAL ENTRY, AND I AM LEFT WITH ONE HOPE

THAT ONE DAY, SOMEONE, ANYONE IS AROUND TO WITNESS THIS WARNING

IF YOU ARE THAT WITNESS AND IT SEEMED WE PINNED ALL OUR HOPES ON THIS SINGLE SUICIDAL PLAN*

KNOW THAT A THOUSAND OTHER PLANS WERE TRIED AND FAILED

MILLIONS OF BRAVE AND HONOURED SOULS DIED TRYING TO AVERT THIS DESPERATE TERRIBLE SITUATION*

KNOW THAT ENERGETIC AND TENACIOUS AS LIFE IS

IT HAS AN ANTITHESIS JUST AS POWERFUL

IT IS THAT THING THAT WE MUST OBLITERATE"

This is the Full log05 from Server05.
It states that life has an Antitheis which would mean The Flood. Also that we must Obliterate it. It also states that this last plan is Suicidal. Now while alone this may be fine and dandy, but connected with the Array Recorder it Verifies that the Rings were activated as a suicide plan.
ObliviousHarmony
Data [Undefined]

Re: Order of the Mass

"Halo array –System Data Recorder

[<array-sdr.> 3 minutes 5 seconds]
{c-match-reconfirmed}. Sphere secure to .1889 of passing fleet. Offensive tactics confirmed.
Feint tactics in limited push.
<Array sync commence>
Sys//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////{online}
Index: {check}
{D-com} There is no peace left. No place where the parasite cannot reach. You were right about it
all. Let us hope the final measure is not too late.

[<array-sdr.> 1 minutes 12 seconds]
Confrm: Array burn radium {check} 3.0
Confrm: Array sync …1…2…3…4…5…6…7…{check}
Commence…_{ }

[<array-sdr.> 60 seconds]
Commence…_{check}
Confrm: -00-00-00-59-0999-
{c-match-line-hold} acceptable losses confirmed
{D-com} It's done. By my hands. The pyrrhic solution is ignited. All I have left is the quiet of
space to lull me to sleep. I will dream of you.

[<array-sdr.> 49 seconds]
Authorize -00-00-00-48-0999-
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_{check}

[<array-sdr.> 23 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-22-0999-
Confrm: wpnt {auth}
Core sequence <%> <%>

[<array-sdr.> 11 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-10-0999-
{c-match-burn} effectiveness of enemy core fleet negligible
{D-com} I feel no peril.

[<array-sdr.> 5 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-04-0999-
<enter reversion sequence to deactivate>
{D-com} No pain. No remorse. Is that normal?

[<array-sdr.> 0 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-00-0001-
Reversion Sequence…{negative}
Array Authorized…_{Activate}
Rings online…_{Activate}
<Fire>

[<array-sdr.> 7 seconds]
+00+00+00+07+0001+
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset………………………….."

That is the Recorder log.
Now, notice this line

"[<array-sdr.> 0 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-00-0001-
Reversion Sequence…{negative}
Array Authorized…_{Activate}
Rings online…_{Activate}
<Fire> "

Through the Passage it names all sorts of things, The Rings names here are most likely Halos. Especially revealing is that The person here arms and Fires them. Then it Spams "reset................."

Throughout this it also talks about enemies attacking, and the person speaking acts as if it is irrelevant. Meaning that the attackers are not able to stop them, that this is the end.

"{D-com} There is no peace left. No place where the parasite cannot reach. You were right about it
all. Let us hope the final measure is not too late."

It names "parasite" Which would mean that it is The Flood, or some variation of it. That there is no place it can't find us. To kill something that is everywhere you must destroy everything.

Also note it mentions "You", which would mean someone said that this was coming.
ObliviousHarmony
Data [Undefined]

"[<array-sdr.> 11 seconds]
{D-com} I feel no peril.

[<array-sdr.> 5 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-04-0999-
<enter reversion sequence to deactivate>
{D-com} No pain. No remorse. Is that normal?"

Top box states that he does not feel any danger that the Enemy is almost here.

Bottom Box states that he carries no remorse or regret in activating the halos. Which could mean that this was the only way, and that this is the final piece? He has a chance to stop it all. He doesn’t.

Also note, there are alot more Array_Authorization than 7. Meaning that perhaps there was more than 7 Halos in the beggining.

"This is how it all begins.
Just in time to once again dance on the knife edge of oblivion.
To relive what the halos have hoped to destroy and more.
For 2 enemies now stand where before there was only one.
The fate we escaped, the fate we may re-live.
I almost convinced myself that no one was listening.
That the waves of the past had rolled through once again.
But a chance remains to change the universe anew
LEARN FROM OUR PAST.
take these keys and drink from the wells of history.
perhaps through others eyes you may find how to save us all"

This is the audio message from Server 05(First 100 Visitors)

In line three, it states to relive what the halos hoped to destroy. This could mean that the Halos hoped to stop the Flood. Also verifying that they Committed Suicide to stop the Flood.

The Convenet have joined the fight and we now fight flood and Covi enemies like I said.

It says that we can save ourselves. If we look at the history we can change the outcome, we just can't make the same mistake as last time.

Anything past here is pure speculation

Both Covenant and Humans know little of their Full Origins.

The Ark came to earth and hid, perhaps the rock in the SOTA site is related to this.

The Forerunners just disappeared without a trace, the Halos kind of do that.....

My idea is that AR game to warn us not to venture into space. He may have been programmed to do something if we did. Maybe he was somehow connected to the ARK (Thus the Array gathering)

This New AI refused to let us stay on earth and stopped AR.

Gravemind says the Great Journey and the machines containment are the same.

I would also like to point out at the end of Halo 2 the robot says that the rings can be activated from The Ark. Nowhere does it say the Ark is on earth. Also on the Ark I would like to say that possible they wanted to activate one ring at a time, or a specific ring but made a fail safe. Thus would make The Ark a key point for the Halo and most likely of Military value, thus it agrees with my idea of it being the flagship. I don’t think they would put it in a random ship lol.

Beyond this I dunno. I plan on replaying the Halo games and looking over all details for more speculations.

Guilty Spark was programmed to assist in activating the ring during a flood outbreak. Perhaps each ring was outfitted with a robot like this, so that if anyone ever went to a halo, they could activate it.

He also mentions that last time he asked him what he would do he had no answer. Then he got one and so on but my point is that he recognizes MC as a forerunner meaning that Humans are very much identical to Forerunners.

Below is Biblical Root

The Ark was said to house the hope of Humanity. Two of each Species and let all survive. What if we didn't survive the flood on the Ark, but because of it?

Noah created the Ark, perhaps Noah is the Leader of the Forerunners.

Ok, Now Below this is Pre Halo Information

The AI known as AdjutantReflex has come out of nowhere.
He has been terminated by a less useful AI.
We now have odd conspiracy groups like SOTA popping up.
Evidence of The Ancient people who may have affected us have appeared.
We now seek the truth.

Adjutant is To Help in Latin

He may have been a system programmed to react to a specific action on our part and come to warn us.

This New AI wanted us to forget about AR.

SOTA has found very much evidence showing some sort of Alien Influence.

We now seek the truth!!
Last edited by ObliviousHarmony on Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ObliviousHarmony
Data [Undefined]

Now I have decided to comment on minor topics and such that may or may not be related.

Cortana may not have been controlled by Gravemind. Perhaps somewhere in the Forerunner computers she found something that would make her need to tell Gravemind all.

The Flood are completely Adaptive and Parasitic. During Halo one, in the library Guilty tells MC that the Flood have already begun massive repairs on your ship. Thus meaning that the flood could take any tech, no matter how foreign and make it their own. This means that The Flood could stop anything, go anywhere, and kill anyone.

The ARK is where all of the Rings are activated. Earth shows no signs of ever being attacked by an enemy force. Therefore if the ARK had always been on Earth then earth would have been attacked during the first activation.

Therefore it seems only logical that in fact the ARK was not how they survived but, a separate entity, and the REASON they survived. Then, the ARK is on earth now, so of course it would have had to come some how.

Now, the above is my full, strongly based, and cool theory. In this thread I do not want one worded excuses that say “Oh, well the Forerunners most likely died of food poisoning.” Instead, I want a well thought out and fact based theory. In this thread, I would like to step out of the ARG character and look at the entire situation from a total Halo point of view. Using all of my knowledge this is the best I can get.

AdjutantReflex was created to stop us, or warn of something. This new AI has no regard for anything AR did and wishes us to ignore it. We now find ourselves in a crossroads full of mysterious clues. What is the meaning of the Flood Infection slide? Does this mean that they found something in their research… Something horrible about the flood, yes. Something so horrible it caused them to fear The Flood so much. AR may have been a safety mechanism to stop us from going too far into what we know so little about.

I leave you with one thing to ponder about. If the flood are this powerful right now….. Imagine what the Forerunners had to face. With the ability to use and adapt to anything, they could have been stories tall with weapons equal in power to the Halo. If they did commit suicide, it WAS the only thing they could have done.

In the audio file from Server 05, it sounds like a male and female talking when you fix up some of the noise and such. Possibly these could have been the first two Forerunners who came to Earth. IE, these are the Forerunners destined to populate earth. Possibly Adam and Eve.

If you find any errors please don’t post them. Instead PM me what it is I did wrong, whether I had an incorrect fact or such. I will fix it as according. Thank you for your patience and I ask you to enjoy yourselves.
Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Menelven »

It would have to be more than two of every species, having two would give a very limited gene pool, and genetic problems relating to inbreeding.
ObliviousHarmony
Data [Undefined]

Menelven wrote:It would have to be more than two of every species, having two would give a very limited gene pool, and genetic problems relating to inbreeding.
I understand that. I just did that because of Biblical stuff. Possibly, Forerunners could have just affected Humans. This leading to the Halo Monitors refering to Humans as Reclaimers. Perhaps Humans were destined to reclaim the Forerunners legacy. Thus would also comply with the Bungie Comic.
KMS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by KMS »

ObliviousHarmony wrote:"[<array-sdr.> 11 seconds]
{D-com} I feel no peril.

Top box states that he does not feel any danger that the Enemy is almost here.
I disagree on a lot of things... The forerunners, to me at least, seem to be portrayed as a cocky race that screwed up, and wanted to set things right, not self-righteous like the Prophets are. It seems to me like you are describing the Prophets, no the forerunners, but that is perhaps upon interpretation.

And I would think, a race that messed up, now after having everything set back to normal, would not have the intention of re-releasing the flood. Study yes, but the precautions would be so ridiculously absurd that containment protocol would not be breeched.
But on this quote, I feel no peril seems to indicate.

'My fate is sealed, I know what is to come, I am not afraid of what will come." (emanate death.)

Difference of opinions. Perhaps, but fresh ideas are good. =)

Regards,
KMS
Ross
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ross »

ObliviousHarmony wrote:
Menelven wrote:It would have to be more than two of every species, having two would give a very limited gene pool, and genetic problems relating to inbreeding.
I understand that. I just did that because of Biblical stuff. Possibly, Forerunners could have just affected Humans. This leading to the Halo Monitors refering to Humans as Reclaimers. Perhaps Humans were destined to reclaim the Forerunners legacy. Thus would also comply with the Bungie Comic.
Hmm in the comic I took it as meaning Humans were not affected by the Halo's destructive abilities. That they were out of range or shielded.

But I just thought, maybe Humans were wiped out. That what we see in the comic is in fact the ark, as in Noah's Ark.

I like what your saying, "Adjutant is To Help in Latin" never knew that :)
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

Ross wrote: I like what your saying, "Adjutant is To Help in Latin" never knew that :)
The connotation is more along the lines of assistent or helper, however.
Roaringram
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Roaringram »

you make a lot of strong points you clearly put a lot of thought into this, but i do have some problems with some of the arguments... maybe i'm just completely wrong, who knows. I don't think when the forerunners were around the flood escaped off halo, after all, halo is there as a counter to them, not where they started off if i understand everything correctly? and personally, i think you're making too strong of a biblical reference, don't get me wrong, it's clearly there, but i don't think it's as full as you state