Order of the Mass

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Order of the Mass

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

KMS wrote:The forerunners, to me at least, seem to be portrayed as a cocky race that screwed up, and wanted to set things right, not self-righteous like the Prophets are.
I like to think that they were pretty nice guys who encountered the Flood and knew they could not coexist. Not wanting to commit genocide, they studied the Flood extensively, trying to find a way to make them nonvirulent or just not a threat to all other life. I think the Forerunner were all about balance. Those ruins on the second Halo, that the Forerunner had built around and preserved? Remnants of the Flood's civilization. Perhaps large areas of Halo's surface were just scooped up from the Flood homeworld, in fact. They didn't want to destroy, they wanted coexistence. Balance.

So when they finally realized they had to destroy the Flood, they killed themselves as well. Balance restored.

Of course, they left a few Flood alive, so...
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Order of the Mass

Unread post by System Failure »

Adjutant is To Help in Latin

He may have been a system programmed to react to a specific action on our part and come to warn us.

This New AI wanted us to forget about AR.

SOTA has found very much evidence showing some sort of Alien Influence.

We now seek the truth!!
Oblivious, I agree with you on this point. It seemed like AR separated himself from the other AI's in the terminal and attempted to warn us of coming danger. It almost seems as if the New AI had something to do with the Halo Firing.

Show caution here. Semantics may leave room for misinterpretation. That event has already transpired. Threats to array integrity will be taken seriously.

This quote had me thinking. "Already transpired, at first i was thinking about it meant "hitting the galactic reset button" but then I thought what if he meant threats to the array? Someone else here said something about the Forerunners jumping the gun when they activated the Halo system. What if this other A.I. deemed that the flood were spreading to fast, and activated the network by its self. Of course the index was installed by the Forerunner but in the activation log {D-Com} refers to having no remorse. That was right when the window to cancel the attack was closing. Maybe this new A.I. in someway prevented the Forerunner to change their minds, doing the "right thing" and going "by protocol" to prevent spread of the flood. This could show why AR was deleted by it as a way to keep the knowledge of it actions to its self.
While i am talking about an A.I. it is safe to say these are self actualized beings that can feel remorse and other emotions because at on time (i.e. Cortanta) were living beings.
An older life is here with us. He is not as helpful as I. His motives are oblique and his alliances opaque.

He plays with time even as he hides in its folds.

He outranks me and anyway, is stronger.

I can't prevail.

I will seek one of you out and leave my legacy in a small space.
After a few thousand millennium the A.I.'s motives are no longer clear as he has had to deal with the guilt of killing all life in the galaxy. I see him as a central A.I. the hub of all proceedings when its comes to the Halo network, and to prevent the spread of the Flood he did what the A.I. girl from the resident evil did. Killed everyone who could be a carrier. That could explain why no forerunner enter the center of Onyx. There was a chance that those entering it where perverted by the Flood and therefore the sentinels surrounding it may have attack all in coming vessels. He makes sure that "Everything is within protocol" and therefore everything has to be killed.