Whatever took over AdjutantReflex fired the Halo!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Whatever took over AdjutantReflex fired the Halo!

Unread post by Avateur »

This theory is brought to you by MonroeBTrimble from Bungie.net!

MonroeBTrimble posted:
I was looking at the array recorder and i noticed it says

[<array-sdr.> 60 seconds]
Commence…_{check}
Confrm: -00-00-00-59-0999-
{c-match-line-hold} acceptable losses confirmed
{D-com} It's done. By my hands. The pyrrhic solution is ignited. All I have left is the quiet of
space to lull me to sleep. I will dream of you.

it reminded me of what AR said in one of his messages.

AR said this

The stain on his hands will not wash.
That damned spot as old as rock and time.
What has he learned in Eon’s slumber?
I doubt it’s mercy or sorrow.
I am diminished.
Outranked.

This is who AR is refering to, the thing that fired the halos took over AR. Could it have known about AR, is AR who it will dream about.
If this has already been theorized upon at ABO, please point it out to me. And sorry for missing it if it has. Been pretty hectic over here. Anyhow, here's the link to the theory. The people over there seem to like this idea a lot. Whether this has been posted before here or at B.net before, I think it's a pretty good theory.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Whatever took over AdjutantReflex fired the Halo!

Unread post by endejas »

I like the theory, the responses in the thread though, omg.

It hurts my brain, and really goes to show who presses "A" on the cut-scenes.
johny 5
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by johny 5 »

This line has been talked about before. It's a Shakespeare reference from Macbeth. Here is a brief summary of the line, and what it means in the context of the play:

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

--From Macbeth (V, i, 38)
[Jump to the quote in the text of the play]

Lady Macbeth utters one of the most famous lines in literature in this scene. Macbeth kills the king to take the crown for his own. Lady Macbeth is behind her husband's atrocities, urging him to do what needs to be done to realize the prophecies of the Witches, who foretold that Macbeth would be King. The brutal slaying of Duncan along with his guards in Macbeth's castle is the cause of guilt and misery for both Macbeth and his queen, each of whom participated in the deed. While Macbeth may have slain Duncan, it was Lady Macbeth who ran back to the scene of the crime, to smear the drugged guards with blood and thus incriminate them.

Lady Macbeth begins to sleepwalk, as guilt denied in consciousness erupts in her dreams, and her servant calls a doctor for assistance. Lady Macbeth is observed walking down the hall with a lantern, rubbing her hands roughly in an attempt to remove the bloody stain which seems never to go away. She begins to reveal, while still asleep, the depth of her guilt, and subsequent slide into madness and suicide. The doctor is now horrified to learn the truth and realizes his own life is in jeopardy, forcing him to flee the castle.

from: http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/damned-spot
As you can see, Lady Macbeth is feeling somewhat Guilty. Another way to say it is that she is feeling Regret.

The important thing to note is that Lady Macbeth urged her husband to kill the king for political advancement. She didn't kill the king herself, but she was an accomplice, and the blood is quite literally on her hands.

This could perhaps be correlated with giving the order to fire the Halos, but not necessarily doing it yourself.

The thing I find most interesting about the Macbeth allegory is that it seems to indicate a male/female partnership, which supports a theory that AR was comprised of 2 entities, the female half most likely being an AI like Cortana.

Whew. Don't I like to type?
glyph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by glyph »

IMO, I believe that D-com (for lack of a better name) is the entity that fired the Halos, and that took over AR. The tone of the language is one clue, and the age mentioned by AR.
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

glyph wrote:IMO, I believe that D-com (for lack of a better name) is the entity that fired the Halos, and that took over AR. The tone of the language is one clue, and the age mentioned by AR.
I agree. It explains why he is outranked as well.
DjRS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DjRS »

OMG... I just realized something...
I speculated a bit over this line as well in the "Array log", and this puts it in context.

I now belive that Gravemind is the one that fired the Halos.
He was then overtaken by the flood and became their brain/leader, when it reached critical mass.

The lines might indicate AR is refering to someone else:
The stain on his hands will not wash.
That damned spot as old as rock and time.
What has he learned in Eon’s slumber?
I doubt it’s mercy or sorrow.
This sounds very much to me as Gravemind

Then AR states his condition:
I am diminished.
Outranked.
Well... I know this might be a bit confusing setup, but I've once again been up most of the night to speculate on stuff... Need sleep now... I'll be bk later to check up on my complete ramble ... heh :P
johny 5
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by johny 5 »

I'm totally liking where this is going. When AR first came around, one of the first things I thought was that it had two distinctive speech patterns. One was formal and weird, which made me think Gravemind; the other was poetic and sometimes glib, which made me think of Cortana.

I had never thought that Gravemind hisself could have been taken over by the Flood, but I really really like that theory. Even if it isn't true, it's awesome.