Forerunner AI + Cortana?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Forerunner AI + Cortana?

Unread post by endejas »

So I've been trying to catch up reading after the chaos Server 05 and New AR have caused and I came across this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=462

I hadn't seen the soundbyte anywhere else so I decided on listening to it. Something I found most interesting was that deep voice sounded almost exactly like the voice backing Cortana's in the Announcement Trailer.

Usually, I'd just dismiss as coincidence, but with all this Forerunner AI running amuck, I was thinking that the voices might in fact be part of an ancient AI, and as we all know, Cortana just wasn't herself. Could it be that the voice behind Cortana is the voice of this Forerunner AI?

They do sound like they're talking about the same thing.
Spartan 062
Data [Conditional]

Re: Forerunner AI + Cortana?

Unread post by Spartan 062 »

Personally, I think that that the announcement trailer voice that speaks with Cortana's sounds like Gravemind's, which would make perfect sense, as she and him had been chillin' at the end of Halo 2. I've come to this conclusion for two reasons. One, they sound almost exactly the same. Two, part of the soundbyte:
Soundbyte thing wrote:I almost convinced myself that no one was listening; that the waves of the past would roll through once again.
To me, this makes more sense that someone like a Forerunner would say this, referring to the "waves of the past" and assuming it means the Flood (That's probably what it means anyway), but then again, it could possibly mean the firing of the Halo Array. From Gravemind's perspective as the brains of the Flood, that would be a rather monumental wave of the past.

The "no one was listening" part also rings a bell to me:
Gravemind (level 12 on Halo 2) wrote:There is much talk, and I have listened, through rock and metal and time. Now I shall talk, and you shall listen.
See? He convinced himself that no one was listening to him and that's what he tells MC and the Arbiter during that clipscene. Makes sense.

Now that I've deviated enough from the original point of this thread, I might as well sum it all up by saying that I think that might be Gravemind.
shedonwanna
Data [Undefined]

Re: Forerunner AI + Cortana?

Unread post by shedonwanna »

I think we will eventually find that Cortana is a major force behind these communications.