Relationship between Reclaimers and the Forerunner.

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Icy Inferno
Data [Conditional]

Re: Relationship between Reclaimers and the Forerunner.

Unread post by Icy Inferno »

I don't think that humans are the continuation of forerunners. I think all the forerunners died, never making it to earth (whereas their machines did) and then humans were incorrectly classified as forerunners and then taken into the ark.

My support for this theory: In Ghosts of Onyx when the spartan talks to the sentinal it at first classifies him as a forerunner, but then after further conversation classifies him as a hostile and tries to kill him.

Later the sentinals continue to hunt the spartans and try to kill them. Doesn't sound like something they would do to forerunners.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

*Note* When the Sentinels addressed the Spartans, they classified them as a subspecies of the Forerunner. Therefore Humans are very similar to the Forerunner, and the differences could have occurred in the 100,000 plus years between a Sentinel last saw the Forerunner. Also it said something about recovery complete (IDK), and how the had samples of the Spartans. The prolly only alloted certain slots for "aboriginal sub-species".
robotchickengod
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by robotchickengod »

System Failure wrote:*Note* When the Sentinels addressed the Spartans, they classified them as a subspecies of the Forerunner. Therefore Humans are very similar to the Forerunner, and the differences could have occurred in the 100,000 plus years between a Sentinel last saw the Forerunner. Also it said something about recovery complete (IDK), and how the had samples of the Spartans. The prolly only alloted certain slots for "aboriginal sub-species".
GoO detail spoilers:

So, lets pick apart the idea of the human race being a sub-species of the Forerunner. And why the new Spartans were classified as aboriginal sub-species when the first Spartans are full Reclaimers.

I would think it has something to do with the level/quality of enhancements the Spartan-IIs went through when compared to the Spartan-IIIs. Also, they messed with the brain chemistry of the Spartan-IIIs to act on a more instinctual/animal level when in extreme danger. Could that be a cause of the classification?

BUT if the Spartan-IIIs are an aboriginal, or ab origine, from the origin, sub-species, wouldn't that imply they are closer to the original Forerunner? Or simply, a new split off of their own?
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

robotchickengod wrote:
System Failure wrote:*Note* When the Sentinels addressed the Spartans, they classified them as a subspecies of the Forerunner. Therefore Humans are very similar to the Forerunner, and the differences could have occurred in the 100,000 plus years between a Sentinel last saw the Forerunner. Also it said something about recovery complete (IDK), and how the had samples of the Spartans. The prolly only alloted certain slots for "aboriginal sub-species".
GoO detail spoilers:

So, lets pick apart the idea of the human race being a sub-species of the Forerunner. And why the new Spartans were classified as aboriginal sub-species when the first Spartans are full Reclaimers.

I would think it has something to do with the level/quality of enhancements the Spartan-IIs went through when compared to the Spartan-IIIs. Also, they messed with the brain chemistry of the Spartan-IIIs to act on a more instinctual/animal level when in extreme danger. Could that be a cause of the classification?

BUT if the Spartan-IIIs are an aboriginal, or ab origine, from the origin, sub-species, wouldn't that imply they are closer to the original Forerunner? Or simply, a new split off of their own?
You said what i meant, but didn't feel like saying. Yeah they might be more primitive but still releated
robotchickengod
Data [Conditional]

You said what i meant, but didn't feel like saying. Yeah they might be more primitive but still releated
then why is MC not aboriginal? I mean, the sentinels on Onyx toasted all the normal humans, and didn't attempt communication until it met the SIIIs. So why were the normal humans different than the SIIIs and why are the SIIs different?
Kwalitee
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kwalitee »

As I understand, the Spartan IIIs are different from regular humans because they have their body armor and mild chemical augmentation. They are different from Spartan IIs because their armor and augmentation is not integrated as fully into their bodies as the Spartan II's are.
robotchickengod
Data [Conditional]

So, the reclaimers could have been augmented Forerunners then. I mean, it only makes sense that as advanced as their technology was, they would be able to make the improvements humans made to the Spartans, to their entire race. If I remember right, the human augmentation process was expanding to allow more and more genetic variations in. But the amount of augmentations the Forerunner would have been able to accomplish would be unreal compared to the MC.
brizza28
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by brizza28 »

aren't you forgetting that miranda keyes was a reclaimer in halo 2.. albeit a 'fragile' one (quoting 343), and that a regular marine was killed in the library, also deemed a reclaimer by 343.

So to activate the halos.. it seems there is less strict guidelines for who does it, as opposed to what the sentinels were trying to deny the spartan III's from in GoO.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Or maybe our brain scans are equivalent to that of the Forerunners.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

I keep having this horrible fear that Bungie's going to go all metaphysical on us and say that humans have Forerunner souls. Kind of like in Babylon 5...or Scientology!