Relationship between Reclaimers and the Forerunner.

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Relationship between Reclaimers and the Forerunner.

Unread post by DHalo »

Going a little OT, I think Bungie should try and incorporate this into a story somehow. Like, ONI found the Halo's and connected them to the structures mentioned in strange transmissions discovered in 2007...

Also, something that struck me as odd earlier. Tartarus activated the ring, and KNEW Miranda, being a human, was the only one who could activate Halo. Doesn't it strike him as odd that the very race he is supposed to eradicate is the only one that can start the Great Journey? Truth knows this as well. Tartarus may be dumb, but Truth isn't. That just goes to show Truth HAS to know the "Truth" about Halo.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

DHalo wrote:Going a little OT, I think Bungie should try and incorporate this into a story somehow. Like, ONI found the Halo's and connected them to the structures mentioned in strange transmissions discovered in 2007...

Also, something that struck me as odd earlier. Tartarus activated the ring, and KNEW Miranda, being a human, was the only one who could activate Halo. Doesn't it strike him as odd that the very race he is supposed to eradicate is the only one that can start the Great Journey? Truth knows this as well. Tartarus may be dumb, but Truth isn't. That just goes to show Truth HAS to know the "Truth" about Halo.
I was thinking about this today, too. There's nothing that we've seen that strictly prevents Tartarus or another memeber of the Covenant from activating one of the Rings, and yet he forced Miranda to insert it into the control panel. I wonder if the Index has some way of identifying the wielder, through a scan of some sort, possibly genetic. Also, I was recently contemplating why it was called the Index. Index of what? Does it somehow contain all of the genetic samples from the know species in the galaxy to provide a basis for the reseeding theory? And another thing, I remember 343 GS at the end of the Library in Halo CE saying something to the effect that he would carry it to prevent contamination. Could the Index contaminate living tissue somehow?

I realize this is mostly off topic, but I think some of it relates.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

No, he had to carry it so that if the MC got contaminated, he would still have the index so that he could get some other reclaimer to reunify it with the core.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

If Truth knows what the Halos are really for, I wonder why he's going on with this charade. He could just be in denial or he could just be like the rest of the people on the Earth, they will accept bits of the Bible that benefit them but they deny anything that goes against their own beliefs.

In short, I think Truth is just delaying the inevitable, and he knows it.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Air Sparrow Hawk wrote:If Truth knows what the Halos are really for, I wonder why he's going on with this charade. He could just be in denial or he could just be like the rest of the people on the Earth, they will accept bits of the Bible that benefit them but they deny anything that goes against their own beliefs.

Or he could be like other members of the human race providing a "Convert or Die" religion and blindly believes that no matter what anyone says, that he is in the right and the gods/Forerunners are on his side.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Or Truth wants to destroy all life in the universe except for him, then rule it once it repopulates...
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

failedparachute wrote:
Air Sparrow Hawk wrote:If Truth knows what the Halos are really for, I wonder why he's going on with this charade. He could just be in denial or he could just be like the rest of the people on the Earth, they will accept bits of the Bible that benefit them but they deny anything that goes against their own beliefs.

Or he could be like other members of the human race providing a "Convert or Die" religion and blindly believes that no matter what anyone says, that he is in the right and the gods/Forerunners are on his side.
You may have something there. It's kind of like the modern muslim terrorists or the knights templar during the crusades.
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

DHalo wrote:Or Truth wants to destroy all life in the universe except for him, then rule it once it repopulates...
I like your thinking...maybe the Prophets are a race from the time of the Forerunner? If they are, it kinda seems like an endless cycle, though.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

c2h6o wrote:
DHalo wrote:Or Truth wants to destroy all life in the universe except for him, then rule it once it repopulates...
I like your thinking...maybe the Prophets are a race from the time of the Forerunner? If they are, it kinda seems like an endless cycle, though.
Or maybe the forerunners aren't dead.

Say there were two types of Forerunner, one was human and the other was alien. Could it be possible that...

Truth is a Forerunner, he knows the truth and is trying to activate the Halos to continue the work of his ancestors? Could it be that Truth also wants to stop the flood?

Also, it that case it'd make a lot of sense, the Prophets are meant to be related to the Forerunners, right? By lying to the other covenant races out there and getting them to do their bidding then they could easily accomplish such a goal.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Well, remember the one of the Joe Staten interviews
HSP: The Forerunner inhabit another galaxy.
JS: Well they don't inhabit ours - which is to say something with the power and reach of the Covenant would certainly have found them by now if they did.
That seems to leave open the possibility that the Covenant have in fact, encountered Forerunners, in one form or another. I've got two possibilities, and if someone has another feel free to speak up, but the two possibilities are that either A) Humans are Forerunners, and have been quite thoroughly encountered by the Covenant or B) The Covenant encountered Flood-infected Forerunners somewhere. Hmm. I've got some more on that, but I think it's more relevant to the Gravemind topic...