Stonehenge

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Stonehenge

Unread post by Dalthanas »

There is obviously the alleged connection between the ancients and Stonehenge (as laid out on the SOTA webpage). I was screwing around on Google Maps and decided to type in stonehenge. Perhaps its just me, but the top down view from the satellite photo makes it look like a glyph.

Stay with me here, I know it's far fetched, but this is speculation ;)

Seriously, someone go to http://maps.google.com and type in Stonehenge (nothing more is needed) and switch to Satellite (top right corner). Zoom in and stonehenge is clearly visible. At the maximum allowable resolution (before the image at a higher resolution is not available) I think a glyph can be made out, resembling somewhat the current glyph.

Look at it thus: the small hill surrounding Stonehenge is the outer circle of the glyph, Stonehenge itself being the inner circle. The breaks in the structure from above resemble the breaks in the inner circle, and you'd have to extrapolate the lines shooting outward where appropriate. But keeping in mind that these original glyphs were from 100,000 years ago, if Stonehenge is implied to be from them, the differences could be attributed to age.

It's a bit of a crackpot theory, but it makes me happy, and would lend credence to the theory that something is meant to happen there (even though most of those theories originally pointed to the solstice).
Last edited by Dalthanas on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Re: Stonehenge

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

Its an interesting point... if you got to the sonehenge website :

http://www.stonehenge.co.uk (i think)

On the home page there is an over head layout of the stones... it seemed to line up pretty well to mye eyes.
redct
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by redct »

Hmmm... like this?

Also. does anyone have an image of stonehenge on the Summer Solstice? It would be good if it was _overhead_.
Attachments
overhead.jpg
overhead.jpg (36.86 KiB) Viewed 11176 times
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

Very intriguing work... now... if only there were context within the ARG or this storyline for it. Perhaps Stonehenge is a doorway to the Ark's Silent Cartographer :D
redct
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by redct »

Who knows? 99% of this activity has been speculation - we don't have much to go on.

Oh well, a person can hope they found something :D
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

Man, no kidding. Good work, though.

It would be interesting if Halo 3 travels all over the Earth looking for clue to control the Ark. Get back to Halo:CE and away from the boss battles of Halo 2.
killadro
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by killadro »

GLuebben wrote:Man, no kidding. Good work, though.

It would be interesting if Halo 3 travels all over the Earth looking for clue to control the Ark. Get back to Halo:CE and away from the boss battles of Halo 2.
maybe its a server imma go and check i live 45 minutes from their(sarcasm) what if...
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Well I'm glad to see people agree with me, and I'm not completely out of my tree. My guess is as this ARG progresses each of the images listed as proof on the SOTA website will become relevant, as will the Cradle of Life in Kenya. I think they chose the images they did for a reason, rather than pointing to some of the more "obvious" choices for alien help, such as say the alleged Roswell Landing etc.

Thanks for the Kudos!