Were we witnesses to a simulation?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Were we witnesses to a simulation?

Unread post by Avateur »

2401 PENITENT TANGENT:

This installation has a successful utilization record of 1.2 trillion simulated and one actual. It is ready to fire on demand.

Was the countdown that took place before freezing and allowing us to unlock a server one of these 1.2 trillion simulated events? It's as though the Array_Recorder_Data log was meant to show us what a simulation in the past (or future) may have looked like. With so many simulations, I'm sure a number of different scenarios could have been tested, including that of the Array coming under attack and requiring tactical defenses while the Installations prepared to fire.

So, could the countdown we were witness to have been another simulation? With 1.2 trillion simulated and one actual, either this log is showing us events of the original activation, events on Halo Installation 05, or a particular simulation (which could perhaps be the one we just witnessed).

This fails to explain AdjutantReflex's purpose, especially after having been purged by its superior whose purpose is also unknown. The best thing I could think of is that while it was preparing the Array for another simulation, frequencies got crossed with us and it became amused. That may have been unacceptable to its superior, and thus AdjutantReflex was terminated. Of course, this is all just rampant speculation. ;)
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Re: Were we witnesses to a simulation?

Unread post by GLuebben »

Avateur wrote: This fails to explain AdjutantReflex's purpose, especially after having been purged by its superior whose purpose is also unknown. The best thing I could think of is that while it was preparing the Array for another simulation, frequencies got crossed with us and it became amused. That may have been unacceptable to its superior, and thus AdjutantReflex was terminated. Of course, this is all just rampant speculation. ;)
I couldn't disagree with you more. Especially in the context of your suggestion. Why? Well, consider a fire drill. The purpose is to inform everyone of the event and get everyone to safety. This helps the facilitators (I just used that word very deliberately) of the emergency system determine whether or not the system works.

So, if this was a "simulation" (or a drill), what good would it do to initiate the system without fully testing whether or not the evacuation worked. Was that AR's purpose? To initiate and facilitate the evacuation of Earth? I think you hit pretty close to the mark, if this is a simulation, Avateur. I don't think you should've discounted AR's involvement in the theory you proposed!

If AR's purpose was to initiate and communicate the simulation to us, then another AI's purpose might have been (or still be, as we haven't completed this seven day cycle of the storyline) to observe our response to the call for evacuation.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Excellent point! I never thought to look at AdjutantReflex's involvement from that perspective, especially since it was trying to warn us with such urgency. It makes me wonder if we were ever supposed to witness the simulation. You just brought this theory to an entirely new level. So now we're test subjects?
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

Avateur wrote: So now we're test subjects?
Not in the strictest sense, as I believe it applies to the Halo storyline (i.e., "test subjects in the study of the spread and containment of the Flood"). I mean, I didn't think of myself as a "test subject" during a recent fire drill at the office.