100,000 Years

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

kungfudude
Data [Authenticated]

Re: 100,000 Years

Unread post by kungfudude »

The halo installations will not damage the flood.

The halo installations will only kill sentient life in the galaxy, it will only kill the floods hosts and the floods food.

The halo rings will for the flood to starve. I assume that there was not long enough for the flood to starve or that larger beings such as the Gravemind survived a very long time and sustained life for infection forms.

Also in the level "the library" Guilty spark says the forerunners built the rings to study the flood "i am glad to see that some of them surevive to reproduce." i always assumed that he was talking about the flod but what if he is refering to you, being the distant offspring of the forerunners.

Just throwing it out there.
alpha_stitch
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by alpha_stitch »

The reference of "100,000 Years War" could be actually a reference to a war that continues to happen every 100,000 years and not a constant battle that has happened day in and day out for that period. Like clockwork, civilizations may rise up and continue to make the same mistakes again and again. Since they do not know the past (e.g. Man-kind) or have rough ideas of what may have happened but facts have been skewed by either interpretation or intentional sabotage (e.g. the Covenenant Prophets and their "great journey").
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I have been thinking about the 100,000 Years War title and it is seemingly ambiguous. I am led to think that it is just a play on words, as most of those subtitles don't have specific meaning. (100 Years War, 100,000 years war...)
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Heh, I'd always figured it was just a cool name for a section comprising of a string of big-ass battles. But maybe that's just me.
yakaman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by yakaman »

100,000 refers rather specifically to the number of years since the Halos were fired. Joe Staten confirmed this when asked about 343GS comment "...having had considerable time to ponder..." as 100,000 years, give or take.

Note as well, that the Halo3 comic shows Forerunner machinery preparing the Earth roughly 100,000 years ago. Presumably, they were building a "bomb shelter" for humanity, or the Ark, or likely, both. The Forerunner, knowing they were going to have to wipe the slate clean weren't heartless bastards...it appears they made provisions to preserve what sentient species they could.

The "100,000 years war" (in my opinion, at least) has referred to the battle between the Flood and the Forerunner tech on Delta Halo, where Gravemind has holed up. It could be that Gravemind never died, and has existed in a state of grinding starvation over that period.

AR has awakened (or been triggered) by some event. Perhaps every few centuries (as SOTA puts forth) the Forerunner AIs from the Ark try to contact us to help us along, to get us ready for "Reclaimation".

Who knows at this point... :?:
YagerX
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by YagerX »

=.="....we need to hire someone to break into bungie and steal their golden bible (the hard copy of everything about halo)
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

I'm with Yaka here. It's probably important to clear up that the firing of the Halos does not happen every 100,000 years. That's just the time between the first fire and and Halo. There's no timeline set for the activation of the Array.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

YagerX wrote:=.="....we need to hire someone to break into bungie and steal their golden bible (the hard copy of everything about halo)
Lichotonatus at your service sir! What is your will? With my 1337 |/|1nJ4 5k1llz, I should be able to break in without getting caught any more than, oh, say 30675 times?
Alec T
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Alec T »

yakaman wrote:Note as well, that the Halo3 comic shows Forerunner machinery preparing the Earth roughly 100,000 years ago. Presumably, they were building a "bomb shelter" for humanity, or the Ark, or likely, both. The Forerunner, knowing they were going to have to wipe the slate clean weren't heartless bastards...it appears they made provisions to preserve what sentient species they could.
About the Ark being built as a bomb shelter, I think that is somewhat right. Though this is kind of off-topic, I think that the Ark was built for mainly as a safe haven from the flood, for the same reason as the biblical version. It may or may not protect anybody from the firing of the halos. On that note, It may have been made as a safe haven from the flood while the Halos are being built, and would be Installation 00, withe the Halos being 01-07, or it could protect one from the firing of the Halos, and also as a place of refuge if the flood escaped the rings, as some of them may have managed in The Ghosts of Onyx. That would mean the Ark was built during or afterwards, and would most likely be Installation 08, with the rings still being 01-07.

About the 100,000 years war, I think that it could easily be a reference to a forerunner civil war. There could have been tremendous casualties, and they genitically engineered the flood as a cheap, hard to kill soldier. In Halo 2 we saw the infection form's ability to resurrect dead flood bodies, they could easily do it to any body. This probably wasn't included in the game, otherwise, there would be too many bodies to destroy. But, this could be possible in the reality of the Halo universe. Gravemind could have been a controlling mind for the flood, and was under forerunner control. Then they probably lost control of him and sealed the flood away on the rings for study and containment.
YagerX
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by YagerX »

About the 100,000 years war, I think that it could easily be a reference to a forerunner civil war. There could have been tremendous casualties, and they genitically engineered the flood as a cheap, hard to kill soldier. In Halo 2 we saw the infection form's ability to resurrect dead flood bodies, they could easily do it to any body. This probably wasn't included in the game, otherwise, there would be too many bodies to destroy. But, this could be possible in the reality of the Halo universe. Gravemind could have been a controlling mind for the flood, and was under forerunner control. Then they probably lost control of him and sealed the flood away on the rings for study and containment.
uhm you know that the flood "infects" people because of this harmonic wave thingy (thats why Sargent Johnson is invulnerable (plasma radiation)) and they can't infect dead bodies because... well i dont think they still emmit the waves, however the flood bodies are only just out of something, which the infection form has, so the infection form uhm "joins" the body and animate it again?? hope you understood what i said ^.^