Constellations discovery from the French community!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Mjonir
Data [Conditional]

Constellations discovery from the French community!

Unread post by Mjonir »

Hi everybody!

I represent the French community and we juste pointed out something HUGE!

Names of those who worked on it: N3okron (a lot!), Dark_Bisounours, skyper, Lynkix and Mjonir (myself). We're from the Halo.fr community.

First, we worked on the first image with viruses, the name of the image is "Slide_Ref070107.jpg", however on the picture it's written "REF#070507". That reminded us the "bug" with the server 1 that is said to be unlocked even if the unlocked one was Server 5.

Then, we noticed "HR 568" we discovered that most of very shiny stars were named HR XXXX, so we seached about HR 568 and HR 168 (transforming 5 into 1).

HR 568 is in the constellation of Perseus and HR 168 in the constellation of Cassiopeia, both of them are quite close together and also close from the constellation of Ursa Minor.

We made the link with the second picture and searched for Cassiopeia and Ursa Minor, since they are easy to find by looking. And we found them! Here is the picture:

Picture of constellations

Compare to my map:

My map

You can clearly see them, and the angle is perfect!

I had thought before that the solution of this was perhaps the name of the contellation covered by the Chrysopteron, and I realized taht the constellation between Ursa Minor and Cassiopeia was perfectly that. Compare the position of the stars with my map, even the two stars at the bottom-right corner are the same, with the right size. One more thing, the angle between the 3 constellations are perfect, it can't be just a coincidence!

Nevertheless, there is the HUGE discovery... the name of this constellation is "Cepheus". I didn't read the script but, the similarity between this and the name "Cephaus" from it is so huge that it can't just be a coincidence!

Se the picture (names in French):

Look! Cepheus!

Think what you want, but we're prettty sure we really found something :D

Leaked Script
Cephaus is the name of the Forerunner hero in the "leaked script"

Edit from Unr3alChi3f, removed the spoiler since it has been "debunked" (http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=14187), but keeping it there because it could serve a purpose in the future
Last edited by Mjonir on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: BIG discovery! We found the answer!!!

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

fantastic find but please for the love of god put a huge SPOILER!!!!!!!! warning on the part about the forunner thing in the leaked script!!!

god dam i didnt want to know that

anyway brilliant find- fantastic job :D
Last edited by sharpsniper99 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjonir
Data [Conditional]

Re: Constellations discovery from the French community!

Unread post by Mjonir »

Thank you!, I changed the topic title, I agree it didn't seem serious, but in fact I'm so exited having found this that... :P

Sorry for the spoiler, I thought it wasn't much, anyway I corrected it :o
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

We, in IRC, read your post on B.net and our general opinion is that it's going in the right direction, but not quite there. By the way, teh real reason I'm replying: if it's the leaked script I'm thinking of, that was debunked by Bungie. Plus, you probably don't even need Bungie to debunk it; the writing was... let's say, not up to Bungie standards (I'm being easy on it when I say that).

UPDATE: He'res the HBO post debunking it (B.net link no longer works, sorry): http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=14187
UPDATE 2: Yup, just checked it out. In the fake script, one of the main characters is a Forerunner named Cephaus.
Last edited by Ibeechu on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sharpsniper99

fantastic job man - i know peaple over here were looking into this aswell but gave up - nice one :D

i dont personally know anything of its relevance or legitness because of my lack of astrological knoledge but yeah either way its a great job

and ibeechu - your probably right, better to be safe than sorry - that could have been a different leaked script :?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I think you have a good theory going right now, but it could use some more work. Do you have a better image of your map of constellations that you may be able to provide for everyone to look at? Also, what's the relevance of your discovery? Any speculation as to what this all means, since as Ibeechu pointed out, the "leaked script" isn't exactly the most reliable thing to go off of?
Mjonir
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mjonir »

Personnally (and I'm not alone), I think that this "leaked script" was some kind of draft. However it's another element and I think we can't just ignore it.

Even if we don't consider the script, the question was "What is the use of these 2 pictures?" The first was the hiunt and the second was some kind of key... I don't thnink the chrysopteron (well placed on these stars) doesn't mean anything, and even if it's not about that, I think we gave some kidn of element... perhaps for something bigger? :)
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Woah, nice discovery finding all of that out!!!
sharpsniper99

personnally i think the leaked script and even the real script wouldnt affect this arg either way - so it doesnt discredit your findings - they honestly are really good!

and yeah i agree there must be a reason for giving us that star field image - now that youve discovered where it is is it possible to try and uncover its significance?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Mjonir wrote:Personnally (and I'm not alone), I think that this "leaked script" was some kind of draft. However it's another element and I think we can't just ignore it.

Even if we don't consider the script, the question was "What is the use of these 2 pictures?" The first was the hiunt and the second was some kind of key... I don't thnink the chrysopteron (well placed on these stars) doesn't mean anything, and even if it's not about that, I think we gave some kidn of element... perhaps for something bigger? :)
I think you've done an awesome job. I hope this will help to reveal something bigger, especially as these servers start opening up.