Different symbols and the next clue

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

Different symbols and the next clue

Unread post by TheJoseph »

I've been following along behind the scenes for a while now, and it's time to add my two cents. First the symbols are fundamentally different, and there should be some importance to this, otherwise the symbols would be exactly the same, or simply rotated. But the "opening" on the outer ring changes position relative to the inner part. Here's all the versions of that image we've seen so far:

Adjutant Reflex's Avatar (Chrysopteron.gif):

Starfield1 (From Server 05):

From the continent selection screen of Server 05 (Brightened and enlarged for your convenience):

And finally, from the back of the rotating device on Server 05:

I tried to sharpen the last image slightly, but you can see pretty plainly in the last picture that there are 5 variations of the "open" symbol, whereas the first picture (AR's Avatar) is "closed" on the outer ring, with a hollow circle in the center. For whatever reason, the hollow circle is on the outside of all five "open images," and they have a solid dot in the center. In any case, the 5 open images are not simply rotated. There is a difference in relation to the central structure. My best guess as to what this means is that it's a server/Forerunner object number. The highlighted one on the device corresponds to Server 05. Perhaps the other symbols, used as hints, all provide clues for their corresponding servers. The fact that http://www.halo3.com shows 5 different rotations of similar Forerunner artifacts as servers, with 1 unlocked, I think simply means that it's the first one we've unlocked chronologically.

(Aside: Remember from ILB that the forerunner device from the Apocalypso used dots, lines, and triangles as an activation mechanism. That might be their way of representing 1, 2, 3, etc, but that's probably unimportant. Though ILB is defunct now, the information we learned there should still be applied here, if it becomes relevant.)

This topic shows previous glyph locations, and the one on Master Chief's visor is significant in that it is open - the one that represents 05. The starfield1 image seems to represent a different server (identical to the bottom one on the back of the Forerunner object, so Server 01?). It's a clue we have to figure out.

As far as that goes, I looked up Summer Solstice (that's when it was unlocked) and the corresponding constellation is Gemini. I tried to overlay images of Gemini on the starfield1, but found no luck there after a lot of effort. It might be that we need to find the location or celestial object referenced in that chart, or the chart could be completely made up (IE, Earth as seen from a distant location, since we have no actual images taken of our Sun at that distance). People have made good points for both theories.

Maybe the key is in the guides you can find in Photoshop (View>Show>Guides) or possibly there's an image that can be overlaid in the stars that provides some significance. (Like this hidden Nights advertisement for the Wii, where the picture was outlined in the stars.) Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure that since this Starfield1 symbol is different, and it's the only new clue we've gotten with a symbol, that this is where we'll find our next breadcrumb. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: The new avatar give to AdjutantReflex by the more powerful AI might be some kind of clue as well. Keep it in mind:

EDIT 2: Hooray for this person and the Halo.fr community! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=489&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
They discovered that the constellation covered by the glyph is "Cepheus." It's a bit of a stretch to fit the constellations in there, but the references are uncanny. Keep it in mind.
Last edited by TheJoseph on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
communityhq.org
Data [Undefined]

Re: Different symbols and the next clue

Unread post by communityhq.org »

Don't forget the symbol on the reflection of the chiefs visor.
TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

TheJoseph wrote: This topic shows previous glyph locations, and the one on Master Chief's visor is significant in that it is open - the one that represents 05.
I believe you're talking about that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the more I look at the information for Cepheus from the French team, the less likely it seems. The constellations are all stretched, and they feature stars of different brightnesses than the real constellations. In addition, that puts Cepheus upside-down. While the 5=1 correlation and the specific star reference is uncanny, I think in this case it's a matter of forcing the evidence to comply with what we already believe.
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

Also, the more I look at the information for Cepheus from the French team, the less likely it seems. The constellations are all stretched, and they feature stars of different brightnesses than the real constellations.
Struggling with that, myself. Brightness and distortion or skew would be affected by relative position from which the constellation is viewed. To say nothing of WHEN it is viewed.

But given that most clues point to the fact that this ARG is being played:

1. On Earth.
2. In the Sol/Earth year 2007.
3. Without elements of time travel.

I'm having difficulty determining why a map of the stars, seen from a distant position in three dimensional space would be useful.

That said, everything in the French team's interpretation looks wrong to me. But, I'm not an astronomer. I just think they've left out a number of the stars in Cepheus and placed the other constellations too close together.

Edit: Continent Glyph is new, Cross referenced to glyph analysis: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424&p=6458#p6458
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

The glyph with the continents has the opening in the upper right, maybe the glyph in the StarImage indicates which server will be opened next? The one listed at the bottom, thus Server 01. Now we just have to find out how to unlock it.
Poncho D
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Poncho D »

Hey, to me it doesn't mean a thing but I can't have been the only one to notice the study and the star chart match up perfectly.
TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

You probably ARE the only one. Why did I not consider this? I think there might be something really important to this.
Jman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Jman »

Poncho D wrote:Hey, to me it doesn't mean a thing but I can't have been the only one to notice the study and the star chart match up perfectly.
Mmm, I don't know. The two images are different sizes. Since the star chart is bigger, just centering it over the Flood Slide_Ref isin't really conclusive. I mean if they lined up with some kind of discernible pattern, but I see no real match-ups.
ChiliDog
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ChiliDog »

Actually guys the Glyph from the star image and the one from the country select are different

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1350/595 ... b9.jpg?v=0

Second photo rotated for your viewing pleasure
notice the glyph on the left the circle is connected to the inner-most circle while the glyph on the right is connected to the middle circle also all the lines on the left image come in contact with the outermost circle, while on the right one it is only 4 of them.
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

Poncho, do the ruler grids in the star image line up to anything in the slide image?