In halo 2, it was not the 2nd halo that the humans found

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Re: The halo, in halo 2 was not the 2nd halo that the humans fou

Unread post by GLuebben »

ToyMachine228 wrote:I just took a look at the Conversations of the Universe that came with Halo 2. And Revlution 56 (A Sentinel like 343-Guilty Spark) that the Covenant and Humans have landed on Installation 4. So there you go. It is called Delta Halo because it was the fourth Halo constructed.
That's a stretch. And hardly supported.

From "Halo: Combat Evolved", Chapter 7: "343 Guilty Spark"
343 Guilty Spark wrote: Greetings. I am the Monitor of installation 04. I am 343 Guilty Spark. Someone has released the Flood. My function is to prevent it from leaving this installation. But I require your assistance. Come. This way.
The quotation from "Conversations with the Universe" most likely pertains to the events of "Halo: Combat Evolved", not those of "Halo 2".
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Well...drat.
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

This is the closest thing to implying that the Forerunner or Monitors refer to the Halos using the greek alphabet:

From "Halo 2", Chapter 7: "Oracle"
343 Guilty Spark wrote: 343 GUILTY SPARK:

This mining facility predates Installation Alpha by several hundred years. It was retrofitted to research possible offensive and defensive measures against the Flood. Indeed, I designed and oversaw the construction of this facility's various outbreak management systems.
No where does 343 Guilty Spark implicitly state that the "Installation Alpha" referred to is a ringworld. He could be referring to an (the?) Ark, another gas mining facility, or a communications relay (thrown in to demonstrate how little we know of this possibility).
killadro
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by killadro »

Didn't some UNSC forces find another halo and use it as a secret Spartan Cloning Base?