So how was the "killing" done....visualize

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinWalk3r
Data [Conditional]

So how was the "killing" done....visualize

Unread post by SkinWalk3r »

I've always wondered why we have yet to come across ANY skeletal remains of Anything killed by the HALOs...how were they killed...were they just reatomized back to their elementals...did they die of a radiation...if so where are the remains...why is HALO so devoid of ANY remains except the architecture?
ATF Goose
Data [Conditional]

Re: So how was the "killing" done....visualize

Unread post by ATF Goose »

Yea, i remember thinking about this. I concluded it to be one of two things

- The halos completely vaporizes all sentient life, not just kills it.
or, more likely
- There are clean up crew sentinels that in the 100,000 managed to finally clean up all those bodies, only for the Covies to come in and start dieing making a mess of things. :shock:
Drawingman818
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Drawingman818 »

Well, I have two theories:
the remains are there, we just didn't look for them.

I mean, we didn't dig on Halo looking for fossils, did we?
It's been 100,000 years since the Halos killed everyone. That's plenty of time for them to get buried or decomposed.

The flood neutralized all the hard matter of the life forms.

You know how the flood is all spongy? That's most likely because they somehow get rid of all the bones in the body of the person or thing they take over. Therefore, when they die, or starve in this case, there's nothing left to be fossilized.
Kurk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Kurk »

i figure they must have been completely vaporised, as we have seen that the flood are capable of reanimating and using dead bodies, so straight out killing them and leaving the corpses behind would achieve nothing
HardwareHeretic404
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by HardwareHeretic404 »

Halo uses a pulse of radiation (most likely deadly cosmic rays, perhaps gamma as well) traveling at light speed to spread around the galaxy, battering inhabited planets with high-energy radiation, destroying all traces of civilization on the surface and even beneath it, and disintegrating multi-cellular organisms. If the firing of the Halos allows advanced intelligent life forms to evolve once again within 100,000 years, then the radiation must only be strong enough to destroy certain levels of multi-cellular organisms, and to keep installations like the Halos and the Ark from disintegrating as well. Like Kurk said, the Flood survive on dead bodies, so leaving bodies was not an option.

HH404
KMS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by KMS »

This is just my idea here, but it always seemed to me that the Rings functioned very similar to The Dakara Super Weapon, which in short, reduces all matter within range to its basic molecular structure.
Wiki wrote: It does this by propagating a disruptor wave that breaks down matter at the molecular level.
If the rings acted the same way, they were just giant pulse generators that somehow dropped all living matter (trees, and humans, ants and bugs, but not rocks and buildings) down to their molecular level, which in turn, eliminates all life.
But that brings up a question of how they made it, One, and how they shielded against it, two.

Just my idea.

Regards,
KMS
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

[quote="Drawingman818"]Well, I have two theories:

quote]

I think your right about this... I mean how often do we come accross the remains of people who died 100000 years ago on earth... Its not as though we are tripping over them is it. My guess is unless the Tony Robinson Time Team do a special on one of the installations we will never finds out...

Also in an earlier post on this thread someone mentioned that the halos fire a pulse that travels at light speed to wipe out everything... that being the case our galaxy is about 100000 light years accross so if the halos fire pulses at the speed of light it would take almost 100000 years to wipe out everything in the galaxy... Has anyone considerd this??
SpartanSeraph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SpartanSeraph »

A wave traveling at the speed of light would take way too long to do the job. What are the chances that Bungie invented some kind of super-Forerunner tech that does the job, but in a way that we can't guess right now?
creakydoors
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by creakydoors »

Drawingman818 wrote:Well, I have two theories:

I mean, we didn't dig on Halo looking for fossils, did we?
It's been 100,000 years since the Halos killed everyone. That's plenty of time for them to get buried or decomposed.

The flood neutralized all the hard matter of the life forms.

You know how the flood is all spongy? That's most likely because they somehow get rid of all the bones in the body of the person or thing they take over. Therefore, when they die, or starve in this case, there's nothing left to be fossilized.
Hey, Do I remember correctly? Doesn't Halo destroy(lack of better word) all CALSIUM based life-forms? If the flood absorb the bones and other calcium that would be a way of starving them. Perhaps they just reanimate the bodies to gather more food. I don't know... So many questions, we just want answers! Darn bungie........
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

SpartanSeraph wrote:A wave traveling at the speed of light would take way too long to do the job. What are the chances that Bungie invented some kind of super-Forerunner tech that does the job, but in a way that we can't guess right now?
You could be on to something there.

Ive done a bit more thinking on this and found myself asking the following question...

"why does the aray only effect one galaxy" if it is some kind of galactic death ray that gets fired then it wouldnt stop when it reached the edge of the galaxy it would just keep going. How did the forerunnrs keep the wipe out to just one galaxy.

I would also like to point out that the fact that there was a 100000 years between firings and the fact that the galaxy 100000 light years across seems like to much of a coincidence to me... :?