So how was the "killing" done....visualize

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Re: So how was the "killing" done....visualize

Unread post by c2h6o »

A Lazy Llama wrote:I'm not totally sure how the "killing" is done, but I'm pretty sure it uses Radium (Wiki Article)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium . I say this because in the Array Log it says: "Confrm: Array burn radium {check} 3.0" Basicly, it's a million times more radioactive than Uranium. From the article: "This is because radium is treated as calcium by the body, and deposited in the bones, where radioactivity degrades marrow, and can mutate bone cells." So it will probably kill or vaporize all life, and destroy the remains (like bones) for that reason.
Never mind, you beat me to it. It won't vaporize remains or organisms (Uranium isn't that radioactive anyways), but it would definitely kill anything near it. The bones may break up, though.
Last edited by c2h6o on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

c2h6o wrote:
Spartan 062 wrote: I'm assuming this means they cal reanimate bodies. Someone care to explain this to me, because it seems ridiculously conflicting with other facts.
The Flood can probable reanimate the bodies up to a point, but after the cells start dieing it is probably useless to them. After only a few minutes without oxygen, nervous tissue starts to die, thus rendering them uncontrollable to their will.

They can feed off of the calcium, if that IS what they feed off of, dead or alive. They would have to break down Hydroxyapatite, a mineral in our bones, into Calcium and other atoms, along with energy, which they would use to stay alive.

Which got me to thinking, Radium has the same chemical properties as Calcium (they're both Group II alkaline metals). Maybe the Halos exploit this property...

I dunno, just a thought.[/quote]

Yeah its been said. Radium tricks the body and is processed like calcium, and it end up in bone marrow. Because it is highly radioactive, it mutates marrow cells (which produce blood cells) and kills the host. This dosen't sound like a quick painless death. I think the effects would be like an extremely rapid and degenerative form of osteoporosis, with your bones wasting away. Your blood would turn blue due to lack of good red blood cells and bed poisoned by the radiation. Very, very, painful. :cry:
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

c2h6o wrote:
Spartan 062 wrote: I'm assuming this means they cal reanimate bodies. Someone care to explain this to me, because it seems ridiculously conflicting with other facts.
The Flood can probable reanimate the bodies up to a point, but after the cells start dieing it is probably useless to them. After only a few minutes without oxygen, nervous tissue starts to die, thus rendering them uncontrollable to their will.

They can feed off of the calcium, if that IS what they feed off of, dead or alive. They would have to break down Hydroxyapatite, a mineral in our bones, into Calcium and other atoms, along with energy, which they would use to stay alive.

Which got me to thinking, Radium has the same chemical properties as Calcium (they're both Group II alkaline metals). Maybe the Halos exploit this property...

I dunno, just a thought.
[/quote]
Yeah its been said. Radium tricks the body and is processed like calcium, and it end up in bone marrow. Because it is highly radioactive, it mutates marrow cells (which produce blood cells) and kills the host. This dosen't sound like a quick painless death. I think the effects would be like an extremely rapid and degenerative form of osteoporosis, with your bones wasting away. Your blood would turn blue due to lack of good red blood cells and bed poisoned by the radiation. Very, very, painful. :cry:
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Zomg!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Wasn't AR's post named something along the lines of. "Ice filled veins and poison"?
Doesn't the way i described dying of radium fit that description ( :o < me blowing my own mind)
Maybe AR in some way either witnessed the Forerunners die this horrible death, or he him self was affected by it?
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

No man, that isnt it. The radium theory is plausible, but it would take far too long to kill hosts to protect them from the flood, and Im definately sure that 'veins of ice and poison' doesnt relate to radium in the blood.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Look, until we find out how Halo kills its victims, ANYTHING has to be considered.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

3zz if you can tell me how it werks, then I'll say is can't be radium poisoning. You don't know in what way they were advanced and how this could lead to the FTL spreading of radium. Tell me what goes faster than the speed of light that you had in mind?
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

The Radium is probably just a check on the Halo systems. Just speculating.
YesIGrok
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by YesIGrok »

Peronally I think its the distance in which the Arrays "Burn" all life... As in the effectiveness of the whole array (array including alll 7 installations) being 3 Radii... which I can vaugely remember 343 GS saying at one point that: "all life within 3 Radii was destroyed"" or something along those lines.