"Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Jman
Data [Conditional]

"Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it

Unread post by Jman »

Okay so I think I just had a little tiny brainwave.

I was thinking the same thing everyone else is: Why-o-Why would an advanced Forerunner AI want to travel back (or forwards?) into our time and be stuck on a primitive server?

Maybe he's here to tell us somethingg. I then remembered that oft debated quote from the level "Two Betrayals" in Halo 1. Where 343 Guilty Spark question the Chief: "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed."

Now...wouldn't a little over 500 years sound like enough time? Now although this would contradict the belief that AdjutantReflex is not 343 Guilty Spark, nor any other monitor, I do think that maybe he'll eventually become Guilty Spark; kinda like a promotion, actually...

Basically he travelled to our time to inform us that we're in fact Reclaimers, but something goes wrong during this ARG, and he never gets the chance to, thus Humanity in 2552 does not know about the Forerunner or that we are Reclaimers.

Anyways, this just kinda popped into my head. Is the anticipation of the 4AM post getting to my head? Or do I have something here.
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Re: "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it

Unread post by SKR »

Genius!
Banshee 105
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Banshee 105 »

Well, it makes sense. One of us should ask the AR this question.
Jman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Jman »

Lol, I'm wrong:
HSP: 343 Guilty Spark says, "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed." How much time is he referring to?

JS: 100,000 years. Give or take.
An interview with Joseph Staten straight from the HSP...I am tired if I forgot about that...
MadTsunami
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by MadTsunami »

ugh, I gotta wait until 4:00...

gonna make some biig errors.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Echelon Three »

I say, say it anyway. If it's what he's looking for, yay. If not, boo. And he looks for something else. What is there to lose?
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

An interesting idea...but not congruent with what we know about how these things work.
Kiloh Ekim
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kiloh Ekim »

was thinking the same thing everyone else is: Why-o-Why would an advanced Forerunner AI want to travel back (or forwards?) into our time and be stuck on a primitive server?
Think about it. If he an automatic helper (as his name suggests) then it's not safe to be in the current time.

Let me give an example: Imagine, if you will, that you are a battlefield commander, coordination an attack. You wouldn't set a command post on the front lines, would you? No. Anyone with enough common sense would move to a safe place to set up a command post.

Now, if the Array of halos are in flux, you had to try to fix the problem, and there are several factions at war that are putting your life in danger, what would you do? Move to a safe place. Or better yet, with the help of extremely advanced technology a safe time. Even if it involves a using a primitive server, it would work and think about it: you literally have all the time in the world.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

So is everyone just accepting that time travel is even an option in this scenario? This AdjutantReflex guy sure seems to be canonically linked to the Halo storyline, and time travel has been dismissed by Bungie for Halo. There is no time travel.
RandomBS
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by RandomBS »

time travel has been dismissed by Bungie for Halo. There is no time travel.
I don't recall this, hasn't it been confirmed that forerunner artifacts can distort time?