"Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it

Unread post by endejas »

Time travel was the main method of teh ILB ARG. It stemmed off a Forerunner artifact.

Right now, there's two main theories: 1.) AR has not traveled in time (in any direction), and is here with us. 2.) AR has traveled back in time from the setting of the Halo trilogy.

Either way, it's safe to assume he's here by his own doing.
blankCANVAS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by blankCANVAS »

Jman wrote:Lol, I'm wrong:
HSP: 343 Guilty Spark says, "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed." How much time is he referring to?

JS: 100,000 years. Give or take.
An interview with Joseph Staten straight from the HSP...I am tired if I forgot about that...
The Halo 3 comic mentions "100,000 years" as well. Related? Probably not, but it may be worth looking into.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

I'd say they're definitely related. The Forerunner were building a structure on Earth right around the time they fired the Halos. And since humanity survived the Halo firing, I think it's safe to assume the Forerunner artifact had something to do with our survival.

Which makes me more confused than ever that the Forerunner deliberately wiped themselves out, since now we know it's possible to live through the firing.
Draclan12
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Draclan12 »

blankCANVAS wrote:
Jman wrote:Lol, I'm wrong:
HSP: 343 Guilty Spark says, "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed." How much time is he referring to?

JS: 100,000 years. Give or take.
An interview with Joseph Staten straight from the HSP...I am tired if I forgot about that...
The Halo 3 comic mentions "100,000 years" as well. Related? Probably not, but it may be worth looking into.
Yes, of course related. 100,000 years is something that AR said too. He said it in on of his posts in Bungie.net. And 100,000 years is like when the forerunner soposadly disapeared and humans started to form on earth.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Yes, just after the firing of the rings. that would have killed the forerunners (they diesappeared).

Also, that would mean that the Forerunners were not sure about firing the Halos, as they asked spark whether he would do the same thing given te choice. looks as though the Forerunners were just as succeptable to doubt and other emotions as you or I
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I can sort of picture the scene in my head. The last Forerunner left standing walks up to the control panel of Installation 04, Index in hand, everyone else is either gone or killed, all that's left is to pull the trigger of the gun pointed at the head of the universe.
Lichtonatus

I'm not sure where, but I've seen that before. Don't ask. Obviously not the same context, but still...
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

I think I have too, that's why it's in my head. But it's a cool image.
Lichtonatus

I'm gonna assume it's just a typical war movie cliche or something. With two personnel standing side by side preparing to do the necessary thing.

Hey, there's a reason It's a cliche. It's cos it's so damn cool!
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

8-)