I think I know what the glyph means.

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: I think I know what the glyph means.

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Avateur wrote:This one is open, though, and appears to have the circular bit to it right at the top left of the open part of the glyph. How would that fit in?
Well, we think that artifact has something to do with getting the Halos to fire--the open bit could mean the Flood have got off the Halos. Sort of a "In case of fire, break glass" sign. "Flood got out, fire this galactic death ray."
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

StarImage1.jpg from Ibeechu's capture of lastnight's event - I notice a few important things in that glyph:

1. The return of what I believed to be the "observer" in the system. The radial line from the center of the glyph now reaches out to this observer and removes it from contact with the system.

2. The glyph appears to fade from red to blue. Suggesting the first written union of the control and variable ring worlds.

EDIT:
You know what, the red in the glyph is fading out in favor of the blue. Suggesting that the variables are being reset to their original control state?

3. The observer is removed from the variable system(s).

4. The locking mechanism appears to be isolating the variable systems from everything else. The control systems are still open.

5. Yes, I realize this is a modification of AdjutantReflex's original glyph. But I can't surmise what that might mean :)

6. Notice, that while the observer's representation is present, the variable's hash mark is not present. Is this an intimation that the observer is being "preserved" in the universe, while the variable (The Flood?) is being eliminated within the study systems?
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WhatPfhor »

Is it me or does the glyph on the starmap look like the one reflected in MC's visor in that banner picture?
Anzio_katarin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Anzio_katarin »

WhatPfhor wrote:Is it me or does the glyph on the starmap look like the one reflected in MC's visor in that banner picture?
Yup. I thought the same thing. Also the glyph on the background of the "pick your location" page.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=100&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=210
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

No, the one on the pick location page is slightly different. The outer patter is rotated one "click" clockwise, leaving a stub for the fifth spoke (wrt 12 oclock)
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

check that, the location page background matches the visor reflection. The starmap glyph is the one that is different.
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Yeah, the starmap image is new and appears to be in the same series (sentence, paragraph, entity identification?) as AdjutantReflex.
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Urk's speculation (viewtopic.php?p=6267#p6267) is also interesting and consistent with my suggestion that the observer has been removed from the system.
urk
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by urk »

Whoops! Sorry. Didn't notice the Spec forum. I'm curious to see what other people think about my guess. Obviously, it's been cobbled together from a good many other theories that have been around for a while, but I think it makes good sense. Looking at the glyph work you guys have done here, it seems to fit well. The observer, or observers (or those protected) are contained in the circle, or sphere. The flood are released. The earth installation is activated. The containment sphere is whisked away to safety as the array fires.

IRIS is the method of transport. From blackest Earth (Hell) to Heaven (literally, the heavens). The Ark is the method of containment that provides both a barrier against infection and a safe Journey (salvation if you like that better). ;)
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

TheJoseph uncovered a new glyph, a variation on the AdjutantReflex series. The images is enlarged and brightened. The file name has nothing to do with the ARG, it's simply what I used when saving to my system.
Attachments
Glyph Found in continent selection map during the unlocking of Server 05 (06/21/07).  The filename for this image is mine and has nothing to do with the ARG.
Glyph Found in continent selection map during the unlocking of Server 05 (06/21/07). The filename for this image is mine and has nothing to do with the ARG.
ContinentGlyph.jpg (44.26 KiB) Viewed 8050 times