Mt. Elgon original Ebola Outbreak Site/Flood Connection?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Patroculous
Data [Undefined]

Mt. Elgon original Ebola Outbreak Site/Flood Connection?

Unread post by Patroculous »

With the linking of the stopped countdown timer to GPS co-ordinates that lead to the "tip of Mt. Elgon" according to WikiBruce's summary, I couldn't help but recall a book I'd read not a few months ago, called "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston - a horrifyingly true story about how the United States came this close to an outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus not a stone's throw away from Washington D.C. back in 1989.

The outbreak here in the States wasn't so much important, as was the fact that the book itself provided backstory on the virus, including where the virus is to have believed to have originated - the very caves of Mount Elgon.

I sat there and tried to recall as best as I could what exactly had transpired for the original outbreak to occur, (I can't find the book on my shelf) but the more and more I started to think about it, the more I began to draw comparison between the Ebola virus and the Flood.

I could go into the actual anatomy of the virus and compare it to the actions of the flood (i.e. how in the final throws of Ebola contamination, the patient violently thrashes about, spewing blood, in what many scientists believe is an attempt for it to land on a new, previously un-infected host... much like the Carrier Forms who explode when near an enemy, in an attempt to not only injure, but then infect) but for now, I'd just like to bounce this off of someone else, to hear what they have to say.

Coincidence that these co-ordinates just happen to land us at Mt. Elgon, the believed originating site of one of the most deadliest viruses known to man-kind?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Mt. Elgon original Ebola Outbreak Site/Flood Connection?

Unread post by Avateur »

That is one amazing theory. Anything you can get us from Wikipedia or anywhere that can confirm this Ebola theory? This could be huge.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Googling "ebola" and "Elgon" turns up lots of links to confirm. Looks like there's a cave called Kitum Cave in/on the mountain where people are believed to have gotten the virus.

Very interesting!
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Erm, Mt. Elgon is not related as it's not really at the coords, thought I had already cleared that up? It's 22 miles west of the coords, and thus at different coords, which means it's not related.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Yes, this has been discussed. Mt. Elgon is just a site someone got by accident. Interesting, but unrelated.
Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Menelven »

Locking as it's unrelated.