AR's place in the Halo Timeline/Bible Connections

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

AR's place in the Halo Timeline/Bible Connections

Unread post by MulletedOne »

I'm beginning to think that Halo's story is based a lot more on the Bible than previously thought. Here is how I think it all plays out.

The Forerunner were the humans around before the Flood came. God could very well be an AI designed by the Forerunners, a perfect AI. They worshiped God and built great temples for Him. Eventually they turned away from Him and started having wars with each other and doing the will of the Gravemind (Satan), central mind for the Flood that the Forerunner was studying. Thus God unleashed the Flood which the Forerunner were studying in a secure facility at Threshold. Earth was given plenty of warning so work began on the Ark that would save them from the Flood. The Halos, long lost temples where many a battle occurred, were retrofitted. Surviving structures were now protected as they tried to make up with God. On top of this, they made the seven rings into the weapons we know. Once the Flood came within earth-space, the door to the Ark was closed and the Halos fired and destroyed what was still alive, thus the Flood starved and eventually left the Earth.

Once the Ark opened up, the first of the Reclaimers began to start a new civilization. Based on the Flood incident, the Reclaimers felt that they needed to be ruled by God. Eventually God became what He is now.

Now, AR is, by chance, the Jesus in this story. He's part of some compound intelligence (The holy trinity is one entity but three at the same time) that comes down to Earth and tries to tell us the truth about what is going on and how evil the Gravemind truly is. Then he is "killed" but then comes back (via the servers). He also predicted his demise. I wouldn't be surprised if AR ascends back to the world of AIs he's from after this is all said and done.

Then a man named John witnesses the end of the world (Last book of the Bible, The Revelation of Jesus to John).

EDIT: Don't forget! Two prophets who use fire as their weapon end up dead (but they come back!?!)

I guess that means that AR is going to rule the world for a thousand years after Gravemind is defeated by being cast into a lake of fire (The sun! MC drive High Charity in the sun! That's how he dies! lol).

I know it's crazy, but any thoughts?
BaneRDX
Data [Conditional]

Re: AR's place in the Halo Timeline/Bible Connections

Unread post by BaneRDX »

I like your theory about the Reclaimers. Makes etymological sense when you put it in that context.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

hmm you went from genesis to revelation in one fell swoop... im not really sure how jesus and noah are connected at all except that they're both in the bible. unless your talking metaphorically in that moses showed the only good people on earth the way to salvation through the ark and jesus was sent to earth for the same reason... and john's revelation was an look into the future (supposedly our time)... so maybe it works out... im sketchy though.

EDIT: OMG i cant belive i did that hah :( edited: noah for moses haha) :(
Last edited by supremely on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

unless your talking metaphorically in that moses showed the only good people on earth the way to salvation through the ark
heh, how long did it take Moses to build the Ark?

[spoiler]Moses didn't build the Ark, Noah did[/spoiler]
;)
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

supremely wrote:hmm you went from genesis to revelation in one fell swoop... im not really sure how jesus and noah are connected at all except that they're both in the bible.
Well, the main parts of the Bible are Genesis, Exodus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Revelation. The rest of the Bible is just the history of God's people.

Plus it's only a theory, one that may be proven wrong when Halo 3 comes around. But I'm pretty sure about the Revelation and AR parts. The beginning is just speculation based off of my many months of Bible Study on the subject of Genesis and Exodus.