Gravemind - Once Malevolent, Now Stirring?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ChiliDog
Data [Conditional]

Re: Gravemind - Once Malevolent, Now Stirring?

Unread post by ChiliDog »

Plasmoe wrote:
GLuebben wrote:GhaleonEB:
Cortana, because she was with Spartan 117 during the speech. On the surface and assuming the language is as simple as it seems, Cortana cannot be “him”, for obvious reasons. While I can't support the theory, I believe Cortana is the communication link, further supporting that she isn't "him". She seems to be the only entity involved in the conversation with the capacity to transmit this encryption key between the parties involved. But I just don't know how or why, right now.

4. Regret (Covenant Hierarch and High Prophet). As far as we know, Regret was never released by Gravemind and is still located on Installation 05. This leads me to doubt whether AR intends to communicate with him.

5. The final two entities are Spartan 117 and The Arbiter of the Covenant. AR might trying to assist and/or inform either of them.
Remember, this ARG is happening in 2007. Unless Cortana, Regret, Arbiter, etc., went back in time, they are not involved.
The same goes for the gravemind
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

If they have access to the correct forerunner tech they might be able to manipulate time for their own purposes. We have seen these type of events happen (ILB and the crystal in FS) before.
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

AR did say somthing about the one that was coing being able to manipulate time.. I think the quote was somthing like:

"he plays with time even while he hides in its folds..." paraphrasing the life out of it here so forgive the inaccuracey
plight
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by plight »

I? I am a monument to all your sins.
I tend to think this says something different about gravemind. By this statement, it means that Gravemind perceives us as his creators. Sins being the mass annihilation of the galaxy by the Halos. Perhaps when they were activated, it had the adverse affect of creating Gravemind?

Im sorry i know i should check on my facts and get dates first. But this stuff is just so damned interesting, lol.
ATF Goose
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ATF Goose »

When Gravemind says "I? I am a monument to all your sins." He is directing it at MC, which makes me think that gravemind recognizes MC as a descendant of the forerunners and is saying that the sins, or mistakes of the forerunners created him and the rest of the flood.
dan_rules
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dan_rules »

If Gravemind did overthrow AR, and AR is just AI, then at the end of halo 2, when Gravemind demands to know all of which Cortana knows, maybe she's more willing, or actually forced, to do so than what people may think. Maybe, if Gravemind is a part AI, then as such a powerful being, could he not outrank, overthrow, other AI, like the flood physically do to others? ... Just a thought... but I think it's very possible Gravemind took out AR...
ChiliDog
Data [Conditional]

dan_rules wrote:If Gravemind did overthrow AR, and AR is just AI, then at the end of halo 2, when Gravemind demands to know all of which Cortana knows, maybe she's more willing, or actually forced, to do so than what people may think. Maybe, if Gravemind is a part AI, then as such a powerful being, could he not outrank, overthrow, other AI, like the flood physically do to others? ... Just a thought... but I think it's very possible Gravemind took out AR...
I think you may be on to something. If he is part AI then he may be able to coerce all the information from Cortana (Location of earth, the halos, humanity, The covenant). This may be why we hear GMs voice interlaced with Cortanas in all the videos. We knew that from Halo 2 GM used chief as a distraction on high charity. Now that the chief realizes that GM is the enemy and not to trust him, GM could be using Cortana as a puppet to influence the chief while gravemind sits back and bides his time.
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

Gravemind is not an AI, that's an absurd excuse for a plot device. Bungie would not introduce a gigantic plot hole where none is needed.
ChiliDog
Data [Conditional]

Were not necessarily saying (at least i am not) the Gravemind is PURELY AI but rather that he can Infiltrate/Exploit them. I also don't see why such harsh criticism is needed for something that is merely speculation.
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

ChiliDog wrote:Were not necessarily saying (at least i am not) the Gravemind is PURELY AI but rather that he can Infiltrate/Exploit them. I also don't see why such harsh criticism is needed for something that is merely speculation.
I understand, but there is no logical basis for this line of thought. There is no reason for bungie to introduce a giant plot device and further seperate 26th century physics from 21st century physics.