The time

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

endejas
Data [Authenticated]

The time

Unread post by endejas »

I posted this on the main HBO forums, and I thought I might as well bring it in here.

One of the main speculation points in my head is if time travel has occured. Do you think AR is in 2007 in correlation with the Halo universe, or has been blasted back in time by some Forerunner artifact into 2007?

I'm one to think with the latter, and I'll explain more once I get where the other side is coming from..
Lanik
Data [Conditional]

Re: The time

Unread post by Lanik »

I don't think any time travel has occured. Or if it has, it's not relevant.

EDIT:
Maybe time travel has occured. I'm not sure at this point. AR displayed clear uncertainty (hah) as to what timeframe he was in, and then gathered relevant data, and then responded with a time reference to the last significant event.

So he's clearly in our time... as to whether that's time travel or not I don't know.
Banshee 105
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Banshee 105 »

A possibility of a way he could get back in time is through slipspace. We know that from reading First Strike, Time can be manipulated wilst in slipspace. This brings up the theory that AR could've used slipspace to travel to our time.
GreyThor
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by GreyThor »

Wasn't the I Love Bees ARG's AI blasted into the past, or so it claimed?
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Here we go.

• 343 Guilty Spark determines that the last Halo firing was about 100,000 years ago (in the time of Halo)
  • AdjutantReflex states that the last "incident" occured about 99,500 years ago from this date.
  • The events of Halo occur in 2552. This would fill in that five hundred years Guilty Spark mentions.

In flux
  • According to AdjutantReflex, the Array's coordinates are "in flux." Considering that the Halo and Earth (Ark) are constantly moving, this could qualify as it being "in flux."
Assuming that the "galactic reset button" being hit was the "incident" AR refers to, and that being "incident" is the Halos firing, that would put AdjutantReflex in our time. And considering since he has yet to mention any error states, confusion, or information of the state of the Halo Array during the Chief's time, I assume that he's progressing through time normally, like us. He has no knowledge of the events that will occur, and is here under some different pretense (of which seems like his own doing.)
robotchickengod
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by robotchickengod »

There is also the possibility that he was somehow triggered in our time from his hibernation on our planet. In that case he hasn't traveled through time, and would be disoriented over the time and try to gather as much data as possible about what has transpired since it began hibernation.
Odyon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Odyon »

robotchickengod wrote:There is also the possibility that he was somehow triggered in our time from his hibernation on our planet. In that case he hasn't traveled through time, and would be disoriented over the time and try to gather as much data as possible about what has transpired since it began hibernation.
I second this idea. Could be time travel, but this option seems more likely. Especially if AR is a monitor or related to the monitors. Forerunner technology is more likely to be ancient by our terms than misplaced in time, though there is certainly room for either option.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I stand by that he has been activated in response to some sort of stimulus, something has to happen, and he has to help us to do it. Time travel seems right out, it isn't how they do Halo, but his confusion at the sudden appearance of humanity after waking up from hibernation would be a good explanation for the data gathering.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I think he is in our time, not through passing through time.

I believe the uncertainty as to the date was because it had no concept of the human dating system, and eventually had to merely stating how many hours had passed since the last "incident".