**Angles and Degrees of the Glyph**

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Fiddle
Data [Conditional]

**Angles and Degrees of the Glyph**

Unread post by Mr Fiddle »

I was looking at the glyph trying to figure it out, as most here have probably done. The only logical way I know to decipher it is in angles and degrees, so I measured it all out and made a photoshop of it. I included all points around a 360° protractor, and all angles between the points, so I have all kinds of numbers, but don't know what to do with them. That's where you, the HBO community, come it. I know we have a bunch of math geniuses here, so maybe we can find something of importance here.

Here is the image. Below are the numbers:

Point A:
Direction: North
Degree: 0
Angle from Point A to Point B: 65°

Point B:
Direction: East North East
Degree: 65
Angle from Point B to Point C: 70°

Point C:
Direction: South East
Degree: 135
Angle from Point C to Point D: 90°

Point D:
Direction: South West
Degree: 225
Angle from Point D to Point E: 75°

Point E:
Direction: 5° North of West North West
Degree: 300
Angle from Point E to Point A: 60°

Points of Interest

The four lines that extend from the center to the outside of the outer circle of the glyph are all pointing to directions. N, ENE, SE and SW.

The short line in the middle of the glyph is the only one that doesn't point to a direction, but it does point to the angle 300. One theory I have is that the glyph can be rotated to have this line point North, giving us new coordinates, but then the lines don't point to specific directions. HOWEVER, this puts point D at 255, which is a blatantly obvious IP address number. Something to play around with, I suppose. Here are the degrees of the Four Lines as if the glyph were rotated in this manner:
Point A: 60
Point B: 130
Point C: 195
Point D: 255

I included angles between the points, but I don't know what purpose they would serve. Starting from the Short Line the angles change in five degree increments. 60. 65. 70. Then they are broken by the 90° angle at the bottom, continuing after that at 75° to complete the circle.

None of the numbers here are divisible by Seven except for the angle 70 between point B and C.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: **Angles and Degrees of the Glyph**

Unread post by endejas »

Incredible. Great job. Hopefully this comes into play.
GLuebben
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GLuebben »

There are two reference points on ibeechu's (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=389&hilit=) map of the coordinates from the countdown... north and south east. Would you mind superimposing your analysis on his map to see if they line up? Perhaps, if they do, the center of the glyph or one of the lines tells us something?
ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

Anyone tried converting to radians?

Angles relative to A

A: 0 rad.
B: 13pi/36
C: 3pi/4
D: 5pi/4
E: 5pi/3

Might be a pattern there, but I don't see it.

Oh well.

-ACE
Mr Fiddle
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mr Fiddle »

I don't see anything except line C is pointing right at Nairobi, Kenya. Line A, B and E could point to something that's off the map?

Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Echelon Three »

Perhaps over Mombasa, or Voi, or Kilimanjaro?

Just throwing names out there, at any rate great math there, nothing is an accident, least of all this glyph's construction.