It can't be a new Monitor.

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Monochron
Data [Conditional]

Re: It can't be a new Monitor.

Unread post by Monochron »

However! Adjutant is also a noun that means "assistant" or "second in command".
I know a noun doesn't fit the pattern, but wouldn't it be fitting to have the ark's monitor be the exception.
joegolemb
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by joegolemb »

well i speculate that its less of a time travel thing, more of a pre-existing thing. If the ark has been here since the forerunners, then its certainly here right now, in 2007, and ar (monitor/ai/whatever) has now been activated. i think we need to think more along the lines of why its activated, what its doing, and why its doing it, not how it got here. its here, and i believe its always been here. and we as reclaimers (how can we reclaim something unless we owned it previously?) need to figure out not only how to properly communicate, but what to do. let me know where i stand :D
The J3ster
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by The J3ster »

System Peril Distributed Reflex and Adjutant Reflex do share the same suffix, which makes me think that they are two similar entities, but SPDR's and AR's ways of communicating are very different. SPDR always spoke in code right? So could they still be cut from the same cloth?

'Reflex' makes me think of a program, something that only acts when it is acted upon. This is in contrast to a smart AI, which often acts on its own. This could explain why AR isn't doing much talking and only responding to a narrow window of questions/statements. Monitors/AI's seem much more proactive and talkative to me.
RVideo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by RVideo »

i have to agree with you. After re-reading Conversations From The Universe, it is clear that both Monitors and advanced AI's such as Cortana and Solipsil engage in relatively verbose communication, even when writing to their internal logs.

AR's responses and statements read much more pragmatic and fluff-free. This may be interpreted perhaps that AR is programmed to be more "goal oriented" with limited or no extra capacity for "enjoying" thoughts or actions.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Conversation ... e_Universe
ToyMachine228
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ToyMachine228 »

reflex is common language for an automatic movement within the human body
The ilovebees front page does mention "SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX." Distributed reflex...How could that tie into all this? It just keeps yelling at me like it means something.
Webshift
Site Admin

Unread post by Webshift »

ToyMachine228 wrote:
reflex is common language for an automatic movement within the human body
The ilovebees front page does mention "SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX." Distributed reflex...How could that tie into all this? It just keeps yelling at me like it means something.

this is a separate ARG from ilovebees. There haven't been updates to the ilovebees website since before Halo 2 came out
gunluva
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by gunluva »

There can still be a connection. There was a reaction from AR when someone (reprobate) mentioned the Sleeping Princess.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

It seems to me that this construct, AI, whatever it is, has been activated because of something. We don't know what that is, but "reflex" indicates involuntary response, in this case a response to facilitate....something, for us.
N'chala
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by N'chala »

Where can I find this ILoveBees ARG? I am pretty lost. I really like this kind of stuff. It will help me pass the time until H3 comes out.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Going slightly OT, try wikipedia, that has lots of links to p[laces attampting to explain ILB. But to be honest, i've read everything I can find on it, and I still couldnt tell you exactly what hapenned.