The announcement trailer may be of importance.

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

tygron
Data [Authenticated]

The announcement trailer may be of importance.

Unread post by tygron »

I'm new here but not new to the arg. I came here the other day and saw the "circle of life" video. Well I saw a flash of the picture on bungie's concept art that has cortana screaming. I checked alot and I didn't see it again. I hit pause and found something, something completly random. It's mixed in with all the fuzz and stuff but it's there for a frame or two. I desided to slow the vid down, I got some pics and i'll get more.

The thing I am talking about is the top middle and dead center.
The top one happens first and the middle one happens later tward the end. The bottom pic is also intresting.

I'm not sure what you all will think but maybe there is more to this trailer than we think. It may or may not have to do with this arg, but hey theres the info)
Anzio_katarin
Data [Conditional]

Re: The announcement trailer may be of importance.

Unread post by Anzio_katarin »

OK. so zooming up on the lower right picture, I see a partial face the left of Cortana
Comes out more if you invert the colors.
Need someone with 'shop to do one of those relief images.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

Which one are you talking about? the one with the big ring thing in it or the one to the right of that? The one to the right of the ring is a side picture of cortana with what looks like her hand up... the top left pic is the same I just took it at a different time. (within that frame range) Now I see what looks like the right side of cortanas face to the laft of the ring... hmm. I also see maybe a face (looks like chin to below the nose) in the middle picture on the right side... not sure though but it looks like human skin.

EDIT: the face is verry faint. Also the top right pic is close to the first cortana "flash" on screen... it is here eyes. Just thought i'd clear that up.
UrsusArctos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UrsusArctos »

The peculiar eye-shaped image or ring seems to resemble the zen "Enso", a symbol of completion and perfection. Add that to the kanji and other symbols in the "Emotion" pic, and you have some serious chinese calligraphy issues making an entrance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enso
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

Looks like some kind of cryochamber maybe? It actually reminds me of the catwalks in Neon Genesis Evangelion, with a dummy tube floating near it.

And to Ursus Arctos... It's a circle... Not to be rude or anything...
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

Thats what I thought (about the circle) but I see where your getting the cryo pod.... but the walkways from evangelion? thats kind of a streatch maybe.... although maybe a pic of what you mean since i've see little of the show.
UrsusArctos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UrsusArctos »

Funny that you mentioned Evangelion twice...there's something unusually catchy about the idea of instrumentality and compound intelligence and so on.

I sniff a connection.

By the way, the Halos are circles too! ;)
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

I remember those weird middle pictures came up before, right when the trailer first came out--no one could figure out what it was. I think the most popular guesses were a space station, or someone's desk. Would be very cool if it were related to this ARG.

I can see the face you're pointing out, but it's such a different style from the clear shots we get of Cortana in that trailer. The clear shots remind me almost of those old Rankin/Bass claymation tv Christmas specials. Very rounded and soft, very detailed. The face you're pointing out is very blocky, like a Jet Set Radio Future kind of look. I think it's just our minds finding faces in the clouds.

Edited to correct "Rankin/Bass." Oops.