Did Forerunner actually come to Earth?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Did Forerunner actually come to Earth?

Unread post by Avateur »

Well, if the Forerunner had to activate the Halos to deal with the Flood, we can assume they're calcium-based beings of "sufficient mass."

But the comic (http://www.halo3.com/comic) shows the two big builder thingies of the Ark doing their thing on Earth. So, did the Forerunner themselves ever touch down here? Obviously that's a question that'll get answered in HALO 3, which is why this thread is actually intended to question that handprint that we see on SOTA's website. I want to say that they have touched down on Earth, and I suppose SOTA could be relating that hand-print on the rock to the Forerunner based off of this alone.

Unfortunately, the Forerunner don't appear to be around when Stone Henge, the Ark, and the Greeks were around--just their big robots. And the crop circles? Yeah, there's a stretch. So, is SOTA just wasting our time by showing us everything but the hand print and the symbol?
mnemesis
Custodian [Obsolete]

Re: Did Forerunner actually come to Earth?

Unread post by mnemesis »

Interesting question, moving it to the Speculation forum. :-)
Kwalitee
Data [Conditional]

Re: Did Forerunner actually come to Earth?

Unread post by Kwalitee »

I'd say that SOTA maybe doesn't know exactly who the Ancients are, or knows that they're the race we call the Forerunner but is unable to determine which artifacts are theirs and which as of yet have no reasonable explanation.

I like the theory that they've never actually been here though. But their machines...they're probably buried in the ark. Wonder what'll happen when we make contact with them.