Ambertshire Crop Circle

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Ambertshire Crop Circle

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

Ok... i might be grasping at straws here.

On the SOTA site they show an image of a crop circle in Ambertshire from 1985...

http://206.16.223.63/evidence.html (lazy link sorry)

However Ambertshire doesnt exist, ive done a bunch of searches and the only hit i can find is for the SOTA web site. The Name Ambertishire isnt even close to a county or town name that i can think of so I dont think its a miss spelling...

Ive also tried looking for the image of the crop circle to see if i can locate when and where it did apear, but i cant.

Ive also tried treating Ambertshire as an annagram but i am rubsih at them and cant figure anything from it.

I know that there are alot of things that are mis-spelled on the SOTA site but this isnt a mis-spelling its a completely made up name. I cant think why they would make up a name when there are thousands of genuine examples... Has anyone else seen this? or heard of Ambertshire or does anyone know where that crop circle is really from???
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Ambertshire Crop Circle

Unread post by endejas »

Hmm.. That is interesting.

I found referrences to an Ambershire, but it looks to be a company, not a location..
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

The closet thing i could find was Ambert, as in cam'ambert cheese...

I dont understand why they have used a made up name when they could easily have used a real one.

All the other pieces of evidence use real names and places and are all genuine artifacts (taking in to account the fact that the glyph is part of the ARG) The only other discepancey i can find is that Antikythera mechanism is spelled incorrectly (they spell it with an E at the end)

It just seems to stick out like a sore thumb to me...
Space Marine
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Space Marine »

Sounds to me like the only reason they would use a fake county or place is because they needed a crop circle that hasnt been made yet? What i mean by that is they made the crop circle, (anyone can) and the reason they made it was because the circle itself means something.

Like they needed that specific symbol. was any of that understandishable?
kulervo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by kulervo »

What if they created a fake place so that hordes of Iris players wouldn't go to the location looking for geocache? They could have taken a real crop circle photo and given it a fake place name.
Space Marine
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Space Marine »

Perhaps thats why they "picked" a crop circle thats so old. A crop circle from 1980whatever wouldnt still be around. Or perhaps just as some others think, it was a deliberate misspelling, that we need to crack
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I'm thinking typo along the lines of all the other typos they've found. Here's what I found.

Ambershire Ltd, Collins Farm, Aythorpe Roding, Great Dunmow, Essex

How about that?
yoshiary
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by yoshiary »

Okay so I got this database of cropcircles I signed up for (only for this, not previously... I'm not that crazy) and it said that there were 3 crop circles in England in 1985. I'll post the locations followed by the descriptions. None of them had images, but I'm working that out.

Goodworth Clatford, Hampshire, UK
All clockwise. 'The circles were like five Catherine wheels looking up at us', said Busty. Quintuplet with ring joining 3 of the satellites. The formation which introduced Busty Taylor to the crop circle phenomena.
A huge UFO like a funfair wheel was seen by Pat and Jack Collins on 6 July 1985. It had 'lots of yellow & white lights all around the edge and more lights along spokes leading into the centre of it'.
Ref. Circular Evidence p.33-35

Near Worthing, Sussex, UK
Mentioned on front page of Evening Argus in June/July 1985 Quintuplet

Gander Down, Hampshire, UK
All clockwise. The edges were sharp with very little gradation and none of the flattened stems appeared to be damaged. Quintuplet. Seen from the A31 from Alresford to Winchester.

Now to me, it seems that the first sounds like the one in the picture the most, I'll work really hard on getting a picture of it. Anyone know what a Catherine Wheel is?