Does the AR Glyph refer to us (humans)?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ibshimo2
Data [Conditional]

Does the AR Glyph refer to us (humans)?

Unread post by ibshimo2 »

I took a look at the forerunner symbols used previously in halo/halo 2 (I think this is a complete list, but I'm not sure. It's the one that gets viewed the most.)
http://halosm.bungie.org/story/forerunner/jsymbols.html
All of the above symbols are based on equal divisions (of a circle) of halves, thirds, or fourths. The new glyphs are based on equal fifths.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tit ... x1copy.jpg
I wonder if the quintic (I think that would be the right word) structure refers to humans and their five digits (on the one hand).
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Does the AR Glyph refer to us (humans)?

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Interesting discovery. I think you may be on to something, not necessarily with the digits idea but with the idea that this new symbol represents something different from the other symbols we've seen so far. Ark much?
GruntInTheDark
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GruntInTheDark »

how many "fingers" does the ARK have in the trailer??

I count about 13 outer ones and is it 5 inner ones (outlined by the blue blast just before the trailer cuts to a black screen leaving you to get all excited and wanting more!!)
ibshimo2
Data [Conditional]

The other glyphs apparently indicate different functions (lifts, flood storage), so the new glyth styles could be related to the (unique) function of the ark (or some aspect of the ark). That would make more sense, I suppose. :)
ibshimo2
Data [Conditional]

how many "fingers" does the ARK have in the trailer??

I count about 13 outer ones and is it 5 inner ones (outlined by the blue blast just before the trailer cuts to a black screen leaving you to get all excited and wanting more!!)
I'm pretty sure that there are 14 outer wings (one is blocked off), and there is one 'finger' for every two wings, which gives se7en fingers. But that's just my count.
GruntInTheDark
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GruntInTheDark »

hmm on looking again i think your right, allowing for fingers hidden due to the angle and other fingers infront of them 14 outer and 7 inner... i think we may be reading too much into the design of the ARK related to glyph images...

But glyphs having different meanings, definatley
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

None of the glyphs directly correspond to anything. If anything they act somewhat like pictographs, you can see how they relate to the things they are on by how they look. It was said in the books that forerunner language has several demensions of meaning.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

erm i cant find it now but somone documented all the glyphs in halo one and came to the conclusion

red ones mean danger theres flood here

a certain design means elavator

as much as i think looking at the design of the ark is reading too deep, the glyphs do have special meanings, and finding the special meaning of this glyph may be the way to go
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Have we even determined if the glyphs are part of the Forerunner language or just a character in a decorative sign?
ibshimo2
Data [Conditional]

endejas wrote:Have we even determined if the glyphs are part of the Forerunner language or just a character in a decorative sign?
If you're asking if we know what the glyphs symbolize, it's only speculation. There is an apparent connection between location/function and the symbology, summarized here:
http://halosm.bungie.org/story/forerunner/jsymbols.html