What about Voi!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

What about Voi!

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

AR gave out the co-ordinates
33:22:44s (-3.3788)
38:34:07E (38.5687)

These are the co-ordinates for Voi just on the boarder of Tanzania and Kenya (this is mentioned in the same Thread), according to the SOTA site Tanzania is where they found the glyph painted to a rock.

In the same thread AR says that his location isnt important, but i thought it might be...

Has anyone else picked up on this or am i way behind as usual.
Henkka
Data [Conditional]

Re: What about Voi!

Unread post by Henkka »

way behind :P
but nice finding it on your own
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

I figured id be way behind on this. Never mind, does anyone no if this turned out ot be a total dead end?
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

It's far from a dead end.

Based on eyed estimations, the announcement trailer takes place somewhere in between Voi and Mombasa, which lie very near each other. Also, there's a track on the Halo 2 Original Soundtrack, Volume Two entitled Road to Voi. Finally, there's the beta code finds...

Suffice it to say, Voi will hold some importance in Halo 3.
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Sounds intriguing, I just checked it out on Google maps and it looks like the town sits on a ridge or canyon of some kind. The land around it looks pock marked, Wish i had Google earth installed to get a better look at it... Not that i think im likley to find much by staring at 3 year old satalite image ;)
Alec T
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Alec T »

Because you mentioned the Google Earth, and the anouncement trailer, I looked up the locations of Mombasa and Voi, and saved the picture. I am sure that you can figure out where "in between Mombasa and Voi" is. If you want a closer up image of any of these places, let me know.
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Thanks for that... As i suspected there isnt much to see and "in between" the two towns look fairly barren...

How good an Image can you get of Voi itself... on G-maps you can only go in so far and you cant get an idea of whats down there. it looks like there is crater shaped depression in ground to the North west of the town (not the great big scar on the land, its smaller than that , you have to zoom in really close to see it)... its shaped a bit like an egg... Then again there are lots of lumps and bumps around Voi...

Im not really sure where this thread is leading (other than to Voi ) but wanted to see if it had been explored in any depth...
Alec T
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Alec T »

I am looking at the land around Voi right now. Also, does anybody know how to save a picture in Google Earth? I might be able to get a higher res picture if I son't have to take a screen, and paste to a paint document.

Edit: Here is the close-up of that indent, and there is also a smaller one slightly to the southwest that is not visible in the Voi-Mombasa pic
LostprophetVII
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by LostprophetVII »

Thats it! The Great Rift Valley I believe, so then the Great Rift Valley is a level you have to pass through maybe?
j41m3z
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by j41m3z »

Jordan117 posted this location a while back right after the trailer came out. Seems like a good location.