What about Voi!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: What about Voi!

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

yeah that looks right, that ridge chief stands on is even there

but would bungie go thru the effort of modelling theyre in game levels after a real area
Henkka
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Henkka »

yes
because bungie is awesome
but that place has probably changed a little in 500 years
MasterChief2829
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MasterChief2829 »

Someone travel to the coordinates! :P

BiA: HH models their levels after real areas...
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Remember that the Covenant had to dig a bit to get whatever that thing is out of the sand.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

they wouldnt model that place accuratly

1) the cost and resoucres and time of traveling there, and actually painstakingly building a replica, its much easier to make something fake

2) would interefere with level design, the fact games levels are fictional means cave wals etc can be convieniantly placed
UrsusArctos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UrsusArctos »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:Remember that the Covenant had to dig a bit to get whatever that thing is out of the sand.
They had to dig more than a bit. Regret had to suck out all of New Mombasa in that slipspace jump, and that huge excavation force had to do the rest. In other words, what's on the surface today- whether in the real world or in the Haloverse- doesn't matter a whit to what's underneath.
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

sharpsniper99 wrote:they wouldnt model that place accuratly

1) the cost and resoucres and time of traveling there, and actually painstakingly building a replica, its much easier to make something fake

2) would interefere with level design, the fact games levels are fictional means cave wals etc can be convieniantly placed
I totaly agree on the second point but i dont think that Cost would be an issue. If this part of the world is going to be an important part of the Halo story and this ARG then it would pay to have some one go out there an do some research...

Ive got to wonder if this ARG is going to stretch out that far. What do we think, are we going to see any action out there? Why else would AR mention the exact co-ordiantes. I cant imagine what they would do, but it would be totally awesome if they did do something...
Ironlion
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ironlion »

1) google earth is free, and has a highly accurate terrain feature

2) cinematics are not in-game levels.
ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

lol.

It's not perfectly accurate, but the major terrain features are in place. (Note the two parallel ridges behind the MC as the trailer starts. Not to mention Kilimanjaro looming over the scene.)

This isn't something that's all that costly to make. High-resolution satellite photos are easily obtained (for a slight fee) and topographical maps are also not hard to come by. They wouldn't even need to send someone out there to model it with reasonable accuracy.

(As for level design... there's this thing called "dramatic license.")

-ACE
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

ACEfanatic02 wrote:
sharpsniper99 wrote:
(As for level design... there's this thing called "dramatic license.")

-ACE
I agree, I wouldnt send someone out there to do design or modeling work, you can buy topagraphical maps that would serve the same purpose. My question is, would they send someone out there for this ARG. would they have actually have painted the Glyph to a rcok out there ( i accept that it could just as easily be painted to a rock in someones garden or be a photoshop job), or would they hold some kind of event in the middel of the desert and webcast it maybe? I know its probably far fetched , but we already know that they are planning events in other cities around the world... Why not in Voi or Mombasa?