David George, SOTA, the Keepers of the Flame?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

David George, SOTA, the Keepers of the Flame?

Unread post by Avateur »

Talking to Ironlion on AIM, and in reference to his post, I've come to the theoretical conclusion that SOTA is definitely real in the sense that it's part of the ARG, but David George is fake.

Ironlion pointed out to me that his being fake would make for poor immersion, and that a vacant lot is more inviting than a regular house at that address.

I wasn't disputing that at all, just merely saying that David George is fake as a real person (in theory). Why? For story's sake. Oh no. Someone missing? Follow the signs to help him! That vacant lot could be another trail of "signs" to follow. But that's not the big thing. Why would we need to follow signs to find a missing, fake person?

Could it be that he and his group, SOTA, are the Keepers of the Flame? Obviously, only time will tell, but this could be a lead too huge to pass up on! Again, this is all just me and my rampant speculation.
Last edited by Avateur on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: David George, SOTA, the Keepers of the Flame?

Unread post by endejas »

Have any of us in contact with Favery mentioned the "Keepers of the Flame"?

And I agree that this David George could be the start to a more real story line, instead of following the ramblings of a (currently) busy AI. I think we've got a few days to rest before things get kicked up into a faster drive on the 22nd.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I still don't believe that Avery is linked at all.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

How come?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Too easy to manipulate posting dates. The guy seems to be a fake, and from what I've been reading everywhere is that he keeps changing dates and text. No one is dropping the lead just incase he's the real deal, but I'm siding with the crowd of folks who say he's not. If I'm proven wrong, awesome, more fun for the ARG, but until that time, yeah.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Hmm.. I still believe in Avery.. if he doesn't turn out to be true, oh well. I dodged the XBL account, but not this one..

I'm really interested in the SOTA connection to this, moreso than AR.

"Keepers of the Flame".. could it be that the Flame is something dangerous? Or since "Flame" often ignites something, perhaps they have a key to something we need.. a server?

The questions... >.<
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I think the dangerous falme theory is most likely.

Could it be argued that maybe the monitors are the keepers perhaps? After all, they are (sorta) the protectors of the firing sequence on the Halos.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I think that's been suggested a bunch, so I'm throwing this one out in hopes that it might be correct.
Cortana
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Cortana »

believe me this Avery guy is legit, I have been in contact with him for like the past 2 days now since hearing about his involvement in the Society.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Maybe legit in the sense that he was hired to do SOTA. As for anything else, I think he's full of it.