Where do the sentinels come from?!?!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Where do the sentinels come from?!?!

Unread post by atenz »

i know it doesnt ahve much to do with the AR craze, But it was uncovered during some "investigations" what im referring to is the comicthat was revealed at halo3.com i dont ahve the specific link....(Sorry!! :oops: ) But i assume most of you can find it and will see it, or that most of you have seen it. however in this comic, it is practically revealed that the forerunner symbol we so so frequently, is actually a painting done by a man 100,000 years ago in africa, when the sentinels came to earth, he describes them as "The Gods" but anyways back to my point. The symbol, if it is forerunner, shows that the humans ARE the forerunner. the problem is though, there are no examples of there technology or their technological advancement. (maybe thats what the sentinels are there for? to show the humans technology and such?) But then that brings up my most important question. "Where did the so technological sentinels come from?" (oh there maybe some AR reference after all....) Maybe thats the incident that Adjutant Reflex is talking about. When the sentinels gave the humans the gift of technology, maybe when that happened, they kind of doomed themselves? i dont know, Mere speculation.
Jman
Data [Conditional]

Re: Where do the sentinels come from?!?!

Unread post by Jman »

Ummm I'm sorry I couldn't understand your post, all I could see is that you basically said "Humans = Forerunners" which even with the comic, is entirely untrue, in fact the comic probably does more to explain that humans are not Forerunners.
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

yes thats what i said (and im sorry you cant understand my post, i think as i type) but the symbol weve seen recently is assumed to be a forerunner glyph (not sure if its confirmed) http://halo3.com/comic/ thats the link for the comic, and in the end it shoes him painting the glyph. and here is another link to a rather similar picture-- http://206.16.223.63/evidence.html --The pic is on the bottom, but i suppose the thing i was trying to get across most was the fact that the human labeled the sentinels as "The Gods" and said he did not know why they were there, now if i am correct and the humans are the forerunners, where did the sentinels come from?
yakaman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by yakaman »

Atenz - I think he painted what he saw. Literally - he saw that symbol, over and over, and recorded it, not knowing what else to do. He did not understand it.

I think it means Ark. Or Halo System. Or Halo Array.

Of course, these are all complete guesses. :lol:

Oh, and Sentinals are essentially Forerunner workbots, security, whatever. They probably have limited intelligence (compared to monitors).
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

you know now that i read over it, i figure your right, but wouldnt this mean that the human arent the forerunner? and if there not are the covenant? or is there yet another race we ahve yet to discover?
ryanivr
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ryanivr »

Can't humans just be humans? They don't have to be descendants of The Forerunner, they don't have to be descendants of The Covenant...they can just be what they are.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

i think he was asking if the forrunners are a 3rd race and i think they are

basically i think 100,000 years ago it was the forerunners and the flood which where the 2 races around (flood may have been made by the forerunners, but thats just a theory)

now in todays time theres the humans and the covenant, 2 races again

but in the halo universe theres 4 races
covenant
humans
flood
forerunners
ATF Goose
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ATF Goose »

sharpsniper99 wrote:i think he was asking if the forrunners are a 3rd race and i think they are

basically i think 100,000 years ago it was the forerunners and the flood which where the 2 races around (flood may have been made by the forerunners, but thats just a theory)

now in todays time theres the humans and the covenant, 2 races again

but in the halo universe theres 4 races
covenant
humans
flood
forerunners
The covies are not a race, they are a collection different races, prophets, elites(well not any more) grunts, etc., with the same common goal, complete the great journey.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

true!
erm shuda used the word collective instead of race
Alec T
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Alec T »

I used to have a theory, about humans being descended from forerunners, but the comic has changed that. I have changed my theory to fit the known evidence, but keeping with the same base idea for one reason. That is that Guilty Spark kept calling the Master Cheif a Reclaimer. We know that this is not just because of his armor, because MC encountered the body of a dead marine in the Library, (in the book The Flood) who GS had taken from the same point he took MC from. GS also said something along the lines of "This reclaimer's armor was even less suitable for this task then yours." Sorry for boring with you with the talk about why I kept the same base idea, so here is my theory.

Humans were a group of forerunners that were either A. Outcast, or B. Left because they didn't like how things were going. I am opting for option A, because they could have been sent to Earth which was probably a rarely visited place. This would have been a few hundred to a few thousand years befor the events of the comic. The suffered a technological collapse, where almost all technology and knowledge was lost, such as after the collapse of the Roman Empire, but a lot more would have been lost. Eventually, when the Flood were created or evolved, and the Halos built, the forerunner saw that the descendants of those outcasts as the possible only way for their race to have survived. They then sent the sentinels to build the Ark on Earth, near the outcasts settlements, to provide a haven from the Flood and the firing of the Halos. Ajutant Reflex fits into this, as he is probably a AI record keeper and guardian of the Ark, created to document the advancemant of the Humans, and possibly to eventually give them knowledge enough to prevent them from making the same mistakes as the forerunners.