[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - 16807 Adjutant Reflex Moniter of Installation 6
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 16807 Adjutant Reflex Moniter of Installation 6 
Data [Conditional]

Unread post Re: 16807 Adjutant Reflex Moniter of Installation 6
I'll bet you he's monitor of Installation 01.

you'll see I'm right.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:47 am
Moderator [Designated]

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Data [Conditional]

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:42 am
Moderator [Designated]

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Data [Undefined]

From
~~~~~~
Hey, look! You can name Monitors!

Grenadier (mailto:smaytothej044@yahoo.com) writes:

The numbers, we know - but figuring out the Monitor's names is more challenging. First off, notice the number of letters in their names.

Guilty - 6 Letters

Spark - 5 Letters

Penitent - 8 Letters

Tangent - 7 Letters

The first name has one more letter than the second name, and the second name has one less letter than the first. So, the number of letters in each Monitor's name should be like...

7 _ _ / _

49 _ _ _ _ / _ _ _

343 _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _

2401 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _

16807 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

117649 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Let's start with the first names. They all have something in common. Look at the definitions.

Guilty - Responsible for a wrong.

Penitent - Feeling a sorrow for a wrong that one has done.

They each have something to do with a wrong doing or being guilty of something. To do this next part, the word has to mean the same thing as guilty, and it has to fit in the spaces.

7 _ _ /

49 _ _ _ _ /

343 G u i l t y /

2401 P e n i t e n t /

16807 R e m o r s e f u l /

117649 R e p r o a c h a b l e /

The second part of the name is more tricky.

Spark - to cause a function; a very small amount (of interest).

Tangent - a change of subject currently being discussed.

So, a similarity between the two words could be.... impulsive?

7 / _

49 / _ _ _

343 / S p a r k

2401 / T a n g e n t

16807 / I n c e n t i v e

117649 / I n s t i g a t i o n

Put them together, and you get....

7 _ _ /_

49 _ _ _ _ / _ _ _

343 Guilty / Spark

2401 Penitent / Tangent

16807 Remorseful / Incentive

117649 Reproachable / Instigation

Not that we like to overanalayse . . .

permalink | Monitors

-Jillybean

~~~~~
Based upon this, I would agree that AR is NOT a monitor of one of the installations, however, it has not been determined that the Ark is one of the installations.

Now, if I could only find that handy dandy covenant-english conversion chart...
-Sparks

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:35 pm
Facilitator [Conditional]

I don't think it'll count as an installation. somewhere I read something about hardware and software, and I certainly like that theory.

The Ark is like a main, hub, a computer itslef, the Hardware, whilst the rings are installations, devices built to serve a secondary purpose (perhaps), so are like software.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:53 pm
Moderator [Designated]

I wish we had more facts. We don't know anything about the ark other than it is where the halos can be activated. We're not even sure the construct in the sand is the ark, although it probably is.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Facilitator [Conditional]

I bloody hope so. Otherwise we've got some great forerunner thing sitting there clicking away. It could be anything!!! :o :o

Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:31 am
Moderator [Designated]

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Data [Authenticated]

That's our point. There's hardly any reason to believe AR is a Monitor apart from the fact that the only Forerunner intelligence we've run into are the Monitors.

I think the differences are big enough that it is clear that AR is of a seperate league than the Monitors.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next