16807 Adjutant Reflex Moniter of Installation 6

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Re: 16807 Adjutant Reflex Moniter of Installation 6

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

He made a typo in the text. You'll notice that the numbers actually read correctly. No worries though, just a minor misreading.
Calm Killer
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Calm Killer »

endejas wrote:Guilty and Penitent are synonyms, though. Adjutant is basically a "helper." That's why I would believe that he "helps" run the Ark. Especially if he's tending the Array.

And the fact that he doesn't identify himself with a number (ever other Monitor has!) leads me to believe he isn't a Monitor at all. I'd think he is just the AI within the Ark.
But Known AIs don't live that long. Monitors do. So its hard to say.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Human tech is lightyears behind the Forerunners, I don't see lifespan being a problem for a Forerunner AI.
gunluva
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by gunluva »

endejas wrote:And the fact that he doesn't identify himself with a number (ever other Monitor has!)
But, GS and PT both introduced themselves whilst giving their numbers. AR hasn't even introduced himself. He just said "Here's a good place to start."
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

People have made assumptions about his identity. You can speculate all you want but the fact remains, his name is different, and he hasn't told us what he is yet. Chill and wait.
crashMMVII
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by crashMMVII »

endejas wrote:Guilty and Penitent are synonyms, though. Adjutant is basically a "helper." That's why I would believe that he "helps" run the Ark. Especially if he's tending the Array.

And the fact that he doesn't identify himself with a number (ever other Monitor has!) leads me to believe he isn't a Monitor at all. I'd think he is just the AI within the Ark.
That definitely makes sense to me. As you pointed out, a "helper" would most likely be part of the ark, as they help protect the people inside. And "guilty"/"penitent" AIs would reside in the installations that destroy.

p.s. Are you Sil3nt71 from Podtacular?
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Yessir.

And I'd also like to bring it to the attention of... us.. that every Monitor has first introduced himself. Even when being held captive by a Flood intelligence.
crashMMVII
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by crashMMVII »

Which would further support the theory that AR is not anything like GS and PT. Maybe he has nothing to do with the ark, but he was created by the Forerunners for the sole purpose of warning the humans of something.
cauc8xsens8x
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by cauc8xsens8x »

Another thought on him not being a monitor, is that in all of Bungie's viral campaigns way back to the Cortana Letter's, we the players have only been contacted by Human AI's, ILB also follows this pattern.
UrsusArctos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UrsusArctos »

endejas wrote:Yessir.

And I'd also like to bring it to the attention of... us.. that every Monitor has first introduced himself. Even when being held captive by a Flood intelligence.
Add that to his unusual name and lack of a numerical designation, and the conclusion is that Adjutant Reflex is not a monitor at all.