Something just doesn't seem right...

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Something just doesn't seem right...

Unread post by M4730 »

Okay so lets think about this one for a second. The Halo Array was built as a weapon to kill the Flood('s food), and activating their main function does so right? If the Flood was such a menace that the Forerunners built such a weapon to kill them, how did the weapon get built inthe first place? The theory of the Flood can't be on earth, or any other planet for that matter, is flawed! The Flood didn't originally come from Halo, they came from somewhere else. If the robots in the comic are indeed building the Ark, the Flood had to be already out, alive, and invading as they built (not necessarily on Earth, mind you). Otherwise, what purpose would there be to build a separate Halo for each task of researching them? Halo 1's Halo was made to quaratine them, but the whole array's function is meant to destroy them. So my question is: which came first, the Halo Array, or the Flood?
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Something just doesn't seem right...

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

what do we know about the origin of the flood? sorry, i love the story, but i have not been able to delve into because of real life. (the story being all the little details about the halo story line)
Norn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Norn »

M4730 wrote:Okay so lets think about this one for a second. The Halo Array was built as a weapon to kill the Flood('s food), and activating their main function does so right? If the Flood was such a menace that the Forerunners built such a weapon to kill them, how did the weapon get built inthe first place? The theory of the Flood can't be on earth, or any other planet for that matter, is flawed! The Flood didn't originally come from Halo, they came from somewhere else. If the robots in the comic are indeed building the Ark, the Flood had to be already out, alive, and invading as they built (not necessarily on Earth, mind you). Otherwise, what purpose would there be to build a separate Halo for each task of researching them? Halo 1's Halo was made to quaratine them, but the whole array's function is meant to destroy them. So my question is: which came first, the Halo Array, or the Flood?
The Flood came first. But, keep in mind that the Forerunner were a very advanced race and able to plan ahead with extreme insight. So, the Forerunner built all of the Halos and security in anticipation of a possible breach. So they had the Halos in place before they might have even come in contact with The Flood. I think Guilty Spark confirms this somewhere in Halo 1.
Indiana Pwns
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Indiana Pwns »

But how? If the forerunner came into contact first with the flood after they built the Halos, why would they build the Halos in the first place? It was stated by 343GS that Halo was: “Weapons of last resort, built by the Forerunners to eliminate potential Flood hosts, thereby rendering the parasite harmless.” You don't make a Super Weapon for a creature that you haven't even encountered yet.
Kurywusaki
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Kurywusaki »

Just signed up to the forums, don't feel like making an ass out of myself by creating a new thread but.

Does onyx play a vital role in this whole ordeal? Onyx is one of the few places that is 'untouchable' by the Halo rings when they get fired, one of the few (if not only place, except for the arc) that allows 'entities' to survive while the universe gets blown to hell...

I need to gather more knowledge about what's been discovered so far but I just finished reading GoO a while ago and this just sprung into my mind.

Yes, I am a noob
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

Onyx has yet to be mentioned by AdjutantReflex or even hinted at by the other stuff. However, it may still play a vital, though at this point unknown, role.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I tried asking him about the shield a couple times before, I was unanswered. He doesn't seem to be nearly as interested in things relating to him as he does in things relating to us.
t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

onyx was built by the forerunners as gate to another dimension. the plan was for them to set the timer on the halo array, run to onyx or other "shield worlds" and goto this other dimension

of course these "dimensions" are merely subspace pockets in which you are completely sheltered from the universe as a whole.

forerunners might have found the flood before it had evolved to what it is in the halo games, then they saw the potential for this outcome and built the halo array
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Indiana Pwns wrote:But how? If the forerunner came into contact first with the flood after they built the Halos, why would they build the Halos in the first place? It was stated by 343GS that Halo was: “Weapons of last resort, built by the Forerunners to eliminate potential Flood hosts, thereby rendering the parasite harmless.” You don't make a Super Weapon for a creature that you haven't even encountered yet.
Is it possible they created them in case of some other danger? That would explain why it kills flood food but not flood. It is merely a question of differing genetic construction (or elemental constucton. one of them. At least, that's Stargates theory on superweapons like this).

It merely means the Forerunners built the Halos, and the Shield worlds (or whatever Onyx was), and had to adapt their use of the weapon to the situation, starving the flood instead of killing them with the weapon itself.