Spartans

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Spartans

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

I've decided to waste my time (and possibly yours) doing this, but im curious as to what everyone thinks about the other Spartans (specifically the II's and III's- i really dont care about the I's so im not gonna talk about 'em) I'm also gonna assume everyone has read the books or is going to check the halopedia to make sure thier information is as good as it can be.

Spartan 062 Maria
In my opinion, a MAJOR PLOT DISCREPANCY, and Bungie screwed up letting this one go. There's now way the UNSC would ever consider putting a SPARTAN in the reserves when they need every soldier in the suck. Not to mention, in Dr. Halsey's own words (not exact & to lazy to reference) "no spartan would run away from a fight"

Spartan 458 Nicole
Never played DoA 4, but just the number designation should clue you in that someone screwed up- there were 150 canidates for the original spartan 2 program numbers (obviously) 001 thru 150. ok, what if there's another s2 class? well there definatly werent enough children with tthe proper genetci make up to fill up the numbers up to 458

Grey Team
any ideas on these unknown soldiers?

Spartan Group Omega
Astounding coolness aside (watch the halo warz trailer) who are these guys?

The Onyx Bunch:
Spartan 058 Linda
Spartan 087 Kelly
Spartan 104 Fred
Will we see them in h3?????

SIII's:
anyone got a theory as to why they have letter designations with thier numbers?

***this prolly would fit better in HBO but im to lazy to create an acc there, so humor me plz***
Onyx Flame
Data [Conditional]

Re: Spartans

Unread post by Onyx Flame »

Other than the Spartans stuck on Onyx, there's the one that retired on Earth to have a family, Maria (you already noted that), and Master Cheif. If Bungie included any other Spartans in Halo 3, there would be too many people that haven't read the books and have the game and they would be confused as to why there's another *Master Chief* because he's the only Spartan ever mentioned in the game and why they have only come to help now and not on Halo Alpha or Delta. If Bungie were to include any other Spartans in the game they would have had to put them in Halo: CE.

I think the reason the Spartan III's are assigned letters in addition to numbers is for each batch of Spartan III's they designate letters to distinguish one Spartan from another ex, (Spartan A-117 and Spartan B-117).
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

As for the Omega group, I have a feeling that there wouldn't be that many Spartans in one place.

And for Spartan 458, perhaps they had a list of hundreds, possibly thousands of children that they wanted to first study before they were checked for the genetic qualities of a spartan, and that was her designation on this list. It is conceivable that the most likely candidates were placed higher up on this theoretical list and that a few acceptable children would be looked over till later on in this list.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:Spartan 062 Maria
In my opinion, a MAJOR PLOT DISCREPANCY, and Bungie screwed up letting this one go. There's now way the UNSC would ever consider putting a SPARTAN in the reserves when they need every soldier in the suck. Not to mention, in Dr. Halsey's own words (not exact & to lazy to reference) "no spartan would run away from a fight"

Spartan 458 Nicole
Never played DoA 4, but just the number designation should clue you in that someone screwed up- there were 150 canidates for the original spartan 2 program numbers (obviously) 001 thru 150. ok, what if there's another s2 class? well there definatly werent enough children with tthe proper genetci make up to fill up the numbers up to 458

Grey Team
any ideas on these unknown soldiers?

Spartan Group Omega
Astounding coolness aside (watch the halo warz trailer) who are these guys?

The Onyx Bunch:
Spartan 058 Linda
Spartan 087 Kelly
Spartan 104 Fred
Will we see them in h3?????

SIII's:
anyone got a theory as to why they have letter designations with thier numbers?

***this prolly would fit better in HBO but im to lazy to create an acc there, so humor me plz***
Totally belongs in HBO, but I'm sure it's already been brought up there and since Iris is over, hey, whatever.

Maria 062. I almost want to say that she isn't canon, but that's obviously not my call. I'd love to know why they'd ever allow a Spartan to retire when the entire world is about to go up in flames.

Nicole 458 is not canon, as stated by Bungie. They made a fun back-story for her, but she isn't canon.

Grey team. I remember Eric Nylund saying how he'd love to write about their exploits. Whether they're dead or alive is unknown. I doubt we'll be seeing or hearing anything about them any time soon (if ever).

Linda, Kelly, and Fred. I doubt we'll see them in HALO 3. That would require people to have read the books, and while the books are canon, Bungie's tried as hard as possible to keep them from influencing the games. Maybe they'll make a cool cameo appearance, or maybe a future novel will answer stuff, but I don't see them popping up in HALO 3. If I'm wrong, awesome.

Spartan IIIs. I think the letter designations are because there's meant to be multiple "battalions" of them, unlike the Spartan IIs that just had 300 planned.

Spartan Group Omega. Spartan Is? Maybe we'll learn some very, very cool stuff in HALO: Contact Harvest.
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

Johnson is an S1...Just no armor...thats my pipe dream and im sticking to it
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

a big problem i have is that bungie has stated that these things may only seem like they are plot discrepancies- but all will be made clear. if they're right, it better not be something lame like spatial time distortion or something
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Everyone always criticizes the character of Maria, but the purpose of "Armor Testing" WAS Maria. Obviously her story is intended. I think it's to show everyone that not all SPARTANS are equal. A certain few might break off from the rest of the pack.
Ceantari
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ceantari »

In DOA4, Nicole was given a brief background check... not to be taken seriously. They used ILB in her background as an excuse to how she wound up in the 21st century. Still a gag for the most part since all her abilities are named after something from the HALO-verse like the "Grunt Punt" or the "Great Journey". The details can be found here.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

writer87 wrote:Johnson is an S1...Just no armor...thats my pipe dream and im sticking to it
Spartan I's didn't have armor. The MJOLNIR project was developed specifically for the S-IIs.

Also, you may not care about the S-Is, but I do, cause they're still everywhere, alive and fighting.

Johnson most likely is one, and if ilovebees is canon, there's Gilly, Gladys, and one other S-I (I don't remember his name) still on Earth.

Also, was Grey Team the three other Spartans that were 'too far to be recalled easily?'

Last thing, I promise. If the other Spartans do show up in Halo 3, that means MC and the Arbiter are in the Dyson Sphere, and that means Earth is pretty much screwed.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

theteal1 wrote:
writer87 wrote:Johnson is an S1...Just no armor...thats my pipe dream and im sticking to it
Spartan I's didn't have armor. The MJOLNIR project was developed specifically for the S-IIs.

Also, you may not care about the S-Is, but I do, cause they're still everywhere, alive and fighting.

Johnson most likely is one, and if ilovebees is canon, there's Gilly, Gladys, and one other S-I (I don't remember his name) still on Earth.

Also, was Grey Team the three other Spartans that were 'too far to be recalled easily?'

Last thing, I promise. If the other Spartans do show up in Halo 3, that means MC and the Arbiter are in the Dyson Sphere, and that means Earth is pretty much screwed.
Earth is pretty much screwed whatever happens. Also, what if Halo 3 gives an explanation of how they got out of the Dyson Sphere?