Re: Lunar Phase in the cycle_response image
Let me just first explain why I think this orbit (whatever it is) is important.
- In episode five we see a couple of shots with the sun and earth
in very interesting alignments.
- Also in episode five, we see shots of waves, which could be seen as the tide coming in. The ocean tide on earth is effected by the moon.
- In one of the earliest frames from episode five, there is a clear image of earth with the moon orbiting.
- This thread
claims that Jonas used to reference the "next full moon" often. The next full moon is on August 28th.
- On the SOTA website, they cite Stonehenge as "evidence". Stonehenge is believed to be a calender of sorts. SOTA dismisses this reasoning, but if the orbit of the moon and/or earth is that crucial, than perhaps that is a valid explanation.
- On their website SOTA makes reference to the importance or round objects. That may be stretching it, but if you're going with that, the sun, moon, and earth are pretty important round stuff.
- The terminal.jpg image contains what many people are calling an "eye" of sorts on the right half of the picture. This "eye" clearly has four sides to it, the top side appearing to have a full round circle on it. To me, this could correspond to the orbit cycle in someway (including the "full moon" at the top), possibly even directly connecting the two images.
I'm no longer entirely sure this is even a lunar phase, because it may be earth's orbit around the sun. This is possible for two reasons: first, as DaRin pointed out, the inner circle is brighter, and second, the light side of the orbiting object is always facing the center, which isn't consistent with a lunar phase.
What doesn't add up is the bottom position of the orbiting object (presumably earth), it appears to be a total eclipse. Is that a solar eclipse on earth? It looks more like the new moon, or "dark moon" position, which is what made me think of the lunar phase, but the new moon wouldn't occur in that position, presuming we any view of the lunar phase is from the celestial north looking down on the earth and moon. Which leaves very few logical explanations, other than that orbiting object as earth, and some sort of eclipse.