Some Revelations

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

x Yayap x
Data [Conditional]

Some Revelations

Unread post by x Yayap x »

I have a lot of time to think at my job. Most of the time, I think about Halo, and IRIS.

A couple of things have jumped out at me, which seem that they may be significant.

Time Travel
Many people have drawn connections between the Marathon and Halo series. This has led them to speculate as to the storyline of Halo 3. They believe that, like in Marathon, our protagonist (Master Chief) will travel through time to prevent a great catastrophe. However, I believe Cortana will be the time traveler here. We know that an A.I. from the Halo universe has time traveled before, why not again? Melissa from ilovebees.com was sent back to our time. Can it move both ways? This is what Cortana's lines from the E306 trailer implies. "I know you, your past, your future"
Perhaps this is meant realistically rather than figuratively. Perhaps she really did travel in time, and knows a great deal about the situation. This could, however, carry along significant repercussions. Perhaps she spent much (relative) time in these alternate times and realities. Perhaps she is quite a bit further progressed in her deterioration than we think. She could have spent days, or even years in these times. Or, this could mean something completely different, but it seemed to fit.

String Theory
After listening to Server 4's soundtrack, found here, I began thinking, perhaps, at least in this server, the person is speaking Directly to John. He talks about how "you and I are the same" and "you will regain the future", but most importantly, "The small, under-the-surface bridges between all this?
Those connections saved you before,
But this time, you are on your own.
We are all on our own."

After hearing this, I was almost certain he was speaking to John. John was chosen for some reason. There IS a reason why he is "the luckiest" Spartan. It was not luck, it was shaped by some other worldly hand. That has helped him, to a point, but now, no help will be of use. John IS the one. He was chosen, and now, he is the ONLY hope. The manipulation of the universal cosmic strings can do no more good now. Now, we must simply, BELIEVE.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Some Revelations

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

It all sounds well and good.....and I am inclined to agree.............but how is this related to Iris other then server 4's soundclip thing? What use is this information?
x Yayap x
Data [Conditional]

While it may not further IRIS itself in any way, it still may pertain to Halo 3's story, which is what IRIS is doing in the first place. Both of my points are strongly supported by both present and past Bungie ARGS. SO, you're right, it probably has nothing to do with IRIS, but it has everything to do about speculation about the ARG's meaning.
Crunchman
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Crunchman »

I have supported the theory of time travel in this thread, though it's probably too factual:

The original equation given to us is incomplete, though it can be seen as an example of Schrödinger’s equation. Many of his equations incorporate Newton's second law: f=ma. Einstien theorized that if you could travel faster than the speed of light you would be able to observe the past in some way. Of course, it's incomplete and different from most of Schrödinger’s equations, so it's possible that it is trying to hypothesize time travel.

Now, How does this relate to Halo 3?
Well, indirectly, it does. Marathon Infinity(Well, it's Wikipedia), or Marathon 3, had the player jumping through different realities, or time traveling between instances in previous games. Bungie has been known to share themes between this series and Halo, so I wouldn't think that time-travel will be out of the question, but being that all this info is incomplete, we can only leave the speculation as speculation.

So, I do support that theory. But I'm very interested in your "String Theory". It's been done before in Halo, as you said, but I'm not inclined to think that something could coordinate events in the past to help him in the future(if that's what you're saying). I'm going to digest this idea further. For now, nappy time.
x Yayap x
Data [Conditional]

In a way, I am suggesting that, or that there is still some being manipulating the cosmic strings. This would also explain why Guilty Spark is so open to the chief, acts like he has seen him before and talked to him before. With the other humans, he only knows them as reclaimers. He is on a more personal level with the Chief. If you read what was in the .mp3, you would see how chief is either some sort of re-incarnation, or is being affected by some other outside source. In my mind, re-incarnation isn't "Halo", but a forerunner manipulating time and space for his all being's benefit? Well, the artifact on Cote' D Azure can attest to that possibility.
Kiloh Ekim
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kiloh Ekim »

x Yayap x wrote:I have a lot of time to think at my job. Most of the time, I think about Halo, and IRIS.

A couple of things have jumped out at me, which seem that they may be significant.

Time Travel
Many people have drawn connections between the Marathon and Halo series. This has led them to speculate as to the storyline of Halo 3. They believe that, like in Marathon, our protagonist (Master Chief) will travel through time to prevent a great catastrophe. However, I believe Cortana will be the time traveler here. We know that an A.I. from the Halo universe has time traveled before, why not again? Melissa from ilovebees.com was sent back to our time. Can it move both ways? This is what Cortana's lines from the E306 trailer implies. "I know you, your past, your future"
Perhaps this is meant realistically rather than figuratively. Perhaps she really did travel in time, and knows a great deal about the situation. This could, however, carry along significant repercussions. Perhaps she spent much (relative) time in these alternate times and realities. Perhaps she is quite a bit further progressed in her deterioration than we think. She could have spent days, or even years in these times. Or, this could mean something completely different, but it seemed to fit.

String Theory
After listening to Server 4's soundtrack, found here, I began thinking, perhaps, at least in this server, the person is speaking Directly to John. He talks about how "you and I are the same" and "you will regain the future", but most importantly, "The small, under-the-surface bridges between all this?
Those connections saved you before,
But this time, you are on your own.
We are all on our own."

After hearing this, I was almost certain he was speaking to John. John was chosen for some reason. There IS a reason why he is "the luckiest" Spartan. It was not luck, it was shaped by some other worldly hand. That has helped him, to a point, but now, no help will be of use. John IS the one. He was chosen, and now, he is the ONLY hope. The manipulation of the universal cosmic strings can do no more good now. Now, we must simply, BELIEVE.
OK, on the time travel thing, I don't really want to agree. The only reason for it is, under the circumstances, it makes more sense for her to have done something entirely different. Do you know how it takes a massive and incredibly advanced computer network for an AI to have enough space to become rampant? How about Delta Halo?

I personally Cortana has reached the AI state of Godhood. On the halo is a massive forerunner data bank that consists of everything there was before the ring's activation. If because of the ring's loop (kill, re-evolve, kill re-evolve rinse repeat), to a degree, time is repeating itself, she would have the knowledge of the past, which is inherently, the future.

Now on the pulling of the cosmic strings I have put up a topic on this very subject viewtopic.php?f=13&t=576. Call it the halo god, call it whatever. It's the heart beating at the center of the universe and it's been there all along. BELIEVE.
x Yayap x
Data [Conditional]

Except she was left with Gravemind on High Charity, not Halo. But other than that.
Squetomee
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Squetomee »

Cortana time traveling doesn't sound too far fetched. I mean, we have the Cortana letters, which apparently traveled through time to 1999.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Echelon Three »

Time travel already exists to some extent in the Halo universe, thanks to that dang Reach Forerunner crystal. There was a huge Time-Date Anomaly between the Alpha Halo incident and finding the crystal. In Dr. Halsey's words, more or less, the crystal warped spacetime so that the MC would be there to help find it and get the group out of Castle Base.
forsakenwayfarer
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by forsakenwayfarer »

Almost elegant. A forerunner plan set into motion over a hundred thousand years ago. I like this.