Iris

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Iris

Unread post by Menelven »

I'll give you I love bees, however don't expect to see anymore time travel, as Bungie did not write the plot for I love bees, if they had, I doubt you would have seen time travel in it.
AI23
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AI23 »

It doesn't matter who wrote it, bungie approved it and made it cannon. Regardless of how wacky the idea, time travel is cannon and can not be ruled out as a possibility for the Iris ARG You are of the opinion that we won't see any...and you may be right, but opinion, no matter how right, does not rule out anything. Sometimes it's the weird ideas that lead to new information.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Alright guys, you both have great points and time travel may or may not be used as part of this ARG. Whether it's considered official canon or not by Bungie (regardless of circumstance), this ARG is only just beginning and there will be plenty of surprises. We'll find out as this thing progresses whether or not time travel is involved or if there's something that's been living among us waiting for millennia.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

HSP: 'Time travel' has been decried by some readers as one of the more hackneyed plot devices in story telling. The events of Sep 7, 2552 at Reach provide ample possibility of that device being employed in Halo 2. What comments do you have in regards to time travel, Halo 2, and storytelling in general? [Or, paraphrased] Time travel is a little corny, don't you think?

JS: Absolutely. Teleportation is a different matter, however. Used sparingly, it works great as a plot-device without stepping too far outside the hard sci-fi boundaries of the Halo universe.
Interview with Joseph Staten pre-Halo 2 release. Time travel is out, period.

And as to the Nicole ordeal, first of all, it's canon not cannon, it doesn't shoot things. Second, it's called an anomaly for a reason, and as such cannot be expected to happen often. Third, they had to come up with some kind of explanation for how she got there, and ILB has not been officially recognized as canon from Bungie at this time.
AI23
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AI23 »

Ok then. :) Bungie puts out non-cannon material and the last ARG isn't cannon. I concede defeat.
BaneRDX
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by BaneRDX »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:"Who is the path of light from blackest Earth to brilliant heaven?
On whose golden wings will we fly from here to there?"

Is Iris a spacecraft? What we saw opening in the Halo 3 announcement trailer--is that just a huge-ass hangar door opening (irising out, you might say)?
Memories a bit hazy, but from the Halo 3 documentary when Marty refers to the female voice he doesn't confirm that it is Cortana. My guess is that it is an AI called Iris that controls the firing device. Btw Optically; an Iris is a way focusing light.

He's the transcript;
*Fades into deserted area with New Mombassa in the distance*
*Music*
Iris: I have defied gods and demons.
Iris: I am your shield, I am your swords.
*Mastercheif appears out the smoke*
Iris: I know you. Your past, your future.
*Piano*
*Covenant ships fly overhead*
*Halo Theme*
*Giant Dust Wave as ground opens*
*Cliff breaks apart*
Iris: This is the way the world ends.

Sorry for the disjointed post I haven't been able to sort it all out in my head yet...
UrsusArctos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UrsusArctos »

BaneRDX wrote:
Maimbot 9000 wrote:"Who is the path of light from blackest Earth to brilliant heaven?
On whose golden wings will we fly from here to there?"

Is Iris a spacecraft? What we saw opening in the Halo 3 announcement trailer--is that just a huge-ass hangar door opening (irising out, you might say)?
Memories a bit hazy, but from the Halo 3 documentary when Marty refers to the female voice he doesn't confirm that it is Cortana. My guess is that it is an AI called Iris that controls the firing device. Btw Optically; an Iris is a way focusing light.

He's the transcript;
*Fades into deserted area with New Mombassa in the distance*
*Music*
Iris: I have defied gods and demons.
Iris: I am your shield, I am your swords.
*Mastercheif appears out the smoke*
Iris: I know you. Your past, your future.
*Piano*
*Covenant ships fly overhead*
*Halo Theme*
*Giant Dust Wave as ground opens*
*Cliff breaks apart*
Iris: This is the way the world ends.

Sorry for the disjointed post I haven't been able to sort it all out in my head yet...
Well, have you noticed that the third time she speaks, we get a magnificent view of her irises? Or that the first two times(When her voice is all distorted), her eyes either don't exist or are empty sockets?

Or that one of the seemingly random images that appears is actually the cutaway of an eye, with light entering the iris?

Add that cortana doesn't look the same...wait, I'll edit the post with images...

EDIT: Here goes. The eye image.

And the post in which I found it-
http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive24.pl?read=706617

The images in that post are in order, so notice how you don't see any eyes or irises(In particular) until after the eye image pops up.

Also from the same post...

Her irises are a light blue and not purplish like the rest of her! It's barely visible...

Nice shot of her iris, but the flashing and distortion make it difficult to see that it's different from the rest in color.

And the prominent irises in the 'emotion' image...
Last edited by UrsusArctos on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tex
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Tex »

Sweet mother of god. You're right!

It's not Cortana's voice!

It's Jen Taylor's.